Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: State of the Union

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding a traveling trophy:

It doesn't matter to me either way what the group would like, but I can see where someone may want to keep a personal possession of a item as a reminder for several years.......I can also see the uniqueness of a traveling trophy with past winners etched on it. We did that for years at our deer camp. The downside to that is if a person drops out or loses interest in our gatherings and we need to ask for it back or buy another and start over.....

Personally if I were to win, the traveling trophy would be fine, I've got boxes of trophys I won in 4-H down in my basement that hasn't seen the light of day in decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY)
    Member: “Michigan chapter of Team Overalls
    Haulin Ash Fishing Rocks-"D"
    Caution: If we fish together, you may be on YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Aaron, you read my mind and beat me to the draw. I was going to suggest the same thing, a trophy of some sort passed on from year to year, our version of the Stanley Cup if you will. Personally, I would rather see more of the proceeds go to a charity to benefit young, future members than to me or you in the form of a prize. I'm thinking a plaque in the shape of a crappie with the winners screen name and year wood burnt into it. I think bragging rights for the year are way better than a prize, and apparently , so do you from the way you've been crowing all week. Either way, I'll go along with whatever the group decides.
    The older I get the more I realize the therapeutic benefits of fishing
    Proud member of Michigan chapter "Team Overalls"
    Worlds proudest grandpa x6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spartannation View Post
    Aaron, I think bragging rights for the year are way better than a prize, and apparently , so do you from the way you've been crowing all week.

Thats funnee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spartannation View Post
    Aaron, you read my mind and beat me to the draw. I was going to suggest the same thing, a trophy of some sort passed on from year to year, our version of the Stanley Cup if you will. Personally, I would rather see more of the proceeds go to a charity to benefit young, future members than to me or you in the form of a prize. I'm thinking a plaque in the shape of a crappie with the winners screen name and year wood burnt into it. I think bragging rights for the year are way better than a prize, and apparently , so do you from the way you've been crowing all week. Either way, I'll go along with whatever the group decides.
    ?? What the Heck...... You called me Aaron?

Only other C.C members are allowed to do that......
    They can call me Aaron, OE, OneidaEagle, even Ginger Beard, & Pollack.

BUT YOU, my quadriplegic, monkey handed, Dock Squatting, NON Catching, Truck Key Swatting friend, have to call me

"2017 Crappie Dot Com, Michigan Forum Division, Fall Gathering Co-Champion"

If Steve & I are together we expect to hear "We are the Champions" in its entirety in the background on a Smart phone, prior to addressing us as a sign of respect of our abilities.....

When addressing us in while together you must use PLURAL as WE were a Team. Failure to do so will tack on an additional day to our reign as CHAMPIONS.

Don't worry Jerry, its only another 359 more days, then you can probably play "Loser" by Beck to us repeatedly.....

Bragging rights are way better, than any trophy, without them (Bragging Rights) this post wouldn't have been as much fun.and you and every one else wouldn't be laughing and rolling your eye right now......

Post Thanks / Like

Gents,

I think it is a great idea. Put your heads together and come up with something that we can pass around (whatever it might be). Once you figure it out, get up with me for the proceeds!

I've been kicking around some fishing tournament ideas that I will run by the guys (Jordan and Tyler) for next spring's event. I know they talked to me about some specific trophies they were thinking of.

Since we are promoting youth, it "might" be a good idea to include a youth tournament. Money might be better spent if we purchase "Kids" prizes. They would not have to be for the biggest crappie. Could be for the biggest fish, the most fish, biggest walleye... Really depends on the lake.

Another option is to get a good head count of the total amount of youth involved in an event (we should know ahead of the event) and purchase stuff specfically for them! The kids had a blast with their fishing rods and other items they recieved at Rose lake. It would be nice to continue the trend. As if MICDC is investing in the youth involved within our club!

Kick around some ideas. We could put together a rod and reel combo package for each kid, a tackle box, or other gear that each youth within our club could benefit from!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneidaEagle View Post
    ?? What the Heck...... You called me Aaron?

Only other C.C members are allowed to do that......
    They can call me Aaron, OE, OneidaEagle, even Ginger Beard, & Pollack.

BUT YOU, my quadriplegic, monkey handed, Dock Squatting, NON Catching, Truck Key Swatting friend, have to call me

"2017 Crappie Dot Com, Michigan Forum Division, Fall Gathering Co-Champion"

If Steve & I are together we expect to hear "We are the Champions" in its entirety in the background on a Smart phone, prior to addressing us as a sign of respect of our abilities.....

When addressing us in while together you must use PLURAL as WE were a Team. Failure to do so will tack on an additional day to our reign as CHAMPIONS.

Don't worry Jerry, its only another 359 more days, then you can probably play "Loser" by Beck to us repeatedly.....

Bragging rights are way better, than any trophy, without them (Bragging Rights) this post wouldn't have been as much fun.and you and every one else wouldn't be laughing and rolling your eye right now......
    OE, Ginger beard or whatever that long winded name was, for the second day in a row I totally agree with you. The feat of crappie catching you and Steve pulled off on Saturday was nothing short of amazing! People would have to see your Friday, minnow bucket filling catch to understand just how amazing. I agree that you both deserve titles fitting the talent, skill and fortitude you displayed that day. As Steve did put your boat in the right location, I think he should be known as 2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY). It's my understanding that you caught, by far, the most and biggest crappie. There are many titles we could bestow on you, President, Chancellor, Prime Minister, but the one that best fits is Crappie King. Therefore, from this day forward, you will be known as 2017 MiCDC fall Designated Internet Crappie King (DICK). Enjoy the title and long live the King.
    The older I get the more I realize the therapeutic benefits of fishing
    Proud member of Michigan chapter "Team Overalls"
    Worlds proudest grandpa x6
    Likes OneidaEagle, wicklundrh LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

He said... wait, I don't think I can repeat what he said.

Traveling trophy ideas:
    A ginger bearded knome
    Knomes make me laugh

Anything associated with a set of keys

The golden goat award!
    Long live Wilbur

Sent from my SM-J320V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes Just Steve, OneidaEagle LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_6760.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  169.9 KB

A little ginger covered paint and we'd have a start

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

So, it kinda depends on the camp host/s as to what kind of a mini tournament they want as to awards given..... but a constant could be the traveling trophy for largest crappie.....every year.

Kids prizes: I'm thinking we should be able to put something together for them, there's enough of us who have contacts somewhere especially if we start early enough.
    Meijer, Wally World, something along that line they might want to donate to a good cause.....or the easy simple way if we set aside an amount, is to just purchase.

The kids prizes are separate from a charity to give to, right? Just curious on members thoughts. I realize money always has the deciding factor

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

We need to get a Gnome with a fishing pole........

This guy might work.....
    He has the Ginger Gloves, Ginger Hat, Ginger Pre Burn Cheeks, white around the eyes from the missing sunglass's, Long Pants, shoes, just Missing that Ginger Beard, which can be taken care of.......

Hey Jerry,
    He is also missing the LARGEST FALL Camp Crappie on the end of his line, so its not a TRUE likeness of me......

356 more Buddy, Come one Sing it with me...........

We are the CHAMPIONS, my friends,
    And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
    We are the CHAMPIONS.
    We are the CHAMPIONS.
    No time for Blue Gills

'Cause we are the CHAMPIONS of the world.

Last edited by OneidaEagle; 10-02-2017 at 08:35 AM.
    Custom Rods: Out-Snagging Berkly's 7-2 Since 2019 / Custom Rods: Collecting more dust that Berkley due to Covid Since 2020
    Custom Rods: Not afraid to show, in 2021

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast