Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cypress Lumber

Post Thanks / Like

Pride in Craftsmanship is always presented in the final product. I wish Freebird would show some of his work. Thanks for starting this thread. yall do excelent work.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Woodworking is a lot of fun. I even made some cedar apples for the school teachers in my neighborhood. Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1399320686825.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  23.7 KB
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes shadow LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That's real nice, haven't been on my lathe in a while. I use everything, even the small scraps. Made lots of these boxes, 10" x 10" from scraps (picture is not too good). Sold several at various festivals, etc. when we did that with Ann's pottery (had to do my share ):

Name:  Box.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  47.6 KB

In one of the upstairs bedrooms, I made this large picture window 12' x 5'. The windows that I placed here and there do open. Filled in between with stained glass. All of this from scraps:

Name:  Upstairs Bedroom.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  40.5 KB

Pretty cool I thought. Something else when you see the fireflies out that window. Picture is bad one again, just took it - sun going done with no lights on in there. The darker places are darker stained glass, looks better in the sunlight.
    Last edited by Tracker123; 05-05-2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Added comment about bad pictures
    Randy Andres
    Likes RetiredRR LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats neat Randy. The Dentist that I use has hung old weathered windows on the walls in his waiting room....Just hung them up like a picture...he removed the glass and has chicken wire in its place.....done some thing to make the wire look rusty. It gives the room a neat look, I never thought of doing anything like that but its got me thinking about it.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

When they renovated the old Heymann department store in Lafayette on Jefferson Street (built in 1916) - I was there. Acquired the old cypress windows - free. Will use those for something interesting. Good thing I live in the country, have stuff everywhere. Have a pipe rack 1/4 mile up the driveway (off on the side in the woods) with all sorts of items I have collected when working in the field. If you remind me, I'll bring a couple of those windows for you at the next Toledo Bend gathering. If I recall they are 36" square.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

I'M IMPRESSED! I enjoy knowing fellers like you'all. Nice thread to read. Enjoyed the pictures.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

I bet "G" was the apple of his teacher's eye.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Likes Tracker123, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

nice work guy's!!!!
    "So many places to fish so little time to fish them!"

Post Thanks / Like

Guys heres a picture of a SC cypress project,a fish measuring board.Its got a 10 inch radius cut in it and the fish sorta lies in it.No where the craftsmanship of the other work/pics posted here.I just do a little bit of simple stuff.I do most of em out of the red cedar we have here .

the radius
    HEY,,WATCH THAT YELLOW ROD

Post Thanks / Like

I like that bearclaw! Thanks for posting.
    Randy Andres

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast