Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help Louisiana Save Ourselves

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Louisiana Save Ourselves

Waters and Gated Canals
    We as Louisiana sportsmen/women have been fighting an enemy that has invaded our waterways and is stealing our future generations fishing and hunting rights. This enemy comes dressed as friends in the form of big businesss offering jobs with a smile. More and more we are being gated out and out access to OUR public waterways are being stolen. As cajuns we have always just said' "Hey, there's plenty of places to fish and we'll just move on". Today that is not the case!! Our State leaders, for whatever reasons, seem unable or unwilling to defend our rights and just say that it costs too much to fight these issues, as is the case of Section 13 school board properties. Beginning with the Natural Resouce Committee that blocks every attempt to pass legislation to stem the tide of greed and corruption, all the while recieving millions of dollars from the 'BIG LAND' company's we must force the issue at the voting booths. OR,in exchange for increasing fees, coorporations are willing to give us access to OUR own public waterways; which rightfully are guaranteed to us under the Constution of both the United States and the State of Louisiana. This has reached a point where I feel we must ask Federal Legislators from through-out the country to come to our aid and help us as it seems our elected legislators and judges are powerless or unwilling to do. The State Land Office was mandated to re-map our 1812 waterways but then the BIG LANDOWNERS were given the privilige to over-see this process with the consent of our top leaders and we have yet to see the maps. We the little man can make a difference and have in many cases, many of which are now reaching the Federal level but we must all help in our own little way. I know, we all say what can one working stiff do? I say write them all, State and Federal. Send pictures of these gated and posted waterways that are now claimed as PRIVATE. Demand that, if it is not public, but public free flowing waters and our fish and game travel those waterways then dam the off completely or cover the over at the completion of the job as is doneon any other construction job. Demand that these things be done or face us at the voting booths.
    Myself, as well as many others have been doing this very thing, with support coming in from through-out the country. Articles have appeared in out local newspapers, magazines such as La Sportsmen and Bass Masters, Web Sites blaze with our outcry, groups such as LCPA-WEST show us the way, petitions have been signed and ignored and still, BIG BUSINESS and OUR LEGISLATORS, sit on their throne and laugh at us and ask "WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE"!! Well , we are the BOSS, the voting masses, the people who can and will kick their buts out of office!! People such as myself and many others have risked their reputation and monies for this just cause; which we will win. PLEASE JOIN US!!! Raymond Bobo

Post Thanks / Like

Question waterways

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver
    It would be a total waste of time to try to contact any representitive on this or any other matter as long as this administration is in power. You are kidding yourself if you think they care about you or anyone but themselves. I sent an e-mail to the whitehouse and received an auto reply that said they receive so many letters and e-mails and phone calls that they can't reply to each and everyone but they will take the problem under advisement and will do what they can. In other words go to He-- and don't waste their time with any complaints. Even if you got 1 rep to listen he would be going up against a brick wall. They will tell you what you want to hear and forget about you before you hang up. This is what you get for electing a CEO for President who is running the country as a corporation and run it like all his companies and that was in the ground.
    Sorry you have had bad experiences with our legislators but I am confident that we shall prevail. A Cajun is easy going but when pushed we will not stop until we get what we want. Our Local and State Legislators are mostly ruled by the big oil companies but we are beginning, after 5 years, to reach the federal judges/courts that are not elected or owe allegance to big business and we are organizing to remove all elected officals that do not want to honor our Constutional rights to fish our public waterways and have already begun the process. We are banding together, from all walks of life, and are recieving support from attorney's willing to work pro bono because we all want out children to have the oppurtunity to hunt and fish as we have. Louisiana is a State that is blessed with ample hunting and fishing areas for all if we are willing to sacrifice for our children. We use fish for bait here that folks in other states each for a meal and are willing to fight to retain the right ti be able to catch them no matter who stands in our way. Whatever elected official wants to try to stop us from our heritage does so at his/her own peril and we have the monies to get rid of them and already have plenty of names on our lists and we are not going away. Good fishing, A real Cajun that lives the good life.:D Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver
    This is what you get for electing a CEO for President who is running the country as a corporation and run it like all his companies and that was in the ground.
    An MBA is better than another lawyer. That's all we need, another lawyer to drive up insurance costs and make another unenforced law that's already on the books. The US has more lawyers (and judges) than the entire world combined and the ABA answers to no one and is regulated by no one (Congress won't do its Constitutional duty to regulate them because Congress is full of lawyers), especially not to the American people.
    Last edited by dixieangler; 06-13-2006 at 06:26 PM.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

okay guys lets talk about helping our louisiana friends and not who isthe sorriest politcians - if you don't want to help don't - but les talk Louisiana and not dems vs. reps
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!