HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tuscaloosa done shot down

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Plowing a corn field looks easy when your field is a desk and your plow is a pencil. The truth is no one knows if we've gotten this right or wrong until a few months from now. But some people seem to think, "Let's let this thing go, grow and continue to mutate before we do anything."

All that changes when it's your family who is dying from this thing. Numbers on a piece of paper and your own mother, friends and family dying are different things. Right here on this forum people know people who have died from this.

Disco, no offense, bud, but you're welcome to go get the disease and take your chances.

Economies rise ad fall all the time. That's human history. People seem to care more about the economy that human life.
    no I do agree that there isn't a one size fits all scenario for each city, town and state of the union. That's why I'm happy in Alabama Governor Ivey let the local government decide what's best.

For our town because we only have 800 or so hospital beds total. If only 5% of the population contract this thing in my area, the 7.3% that we would likely see to need critical care and hospitalization form this will completely overwhelm our local health care system. That's why Tuscaloosa is shutting down. We're shutting down. When you're in rural Alabama and two hospitals have to serve several surrounding counties, you have to make decisions to ensure the that there are enough beds available for people who really need them.

The real thing is if China had taken this thing seriously as we are at the first news of this, this disease would never have broken out. The moment someone walked into the hospital with symptoms they hadn't seen before, if that person had been quarantined, and the meat markets shut down, we wouldn't be in this fix.
    Last edited by funbun; 04-01-2020 at 08:02 AM.