HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any word on Green River get together?

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO enjoyed the shelter more so that lodge basement - parking was an issue last year at the lodge, and shelter seems to let the "crew" move about, mingle and swap fish tales more than the lodge did.
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CCcrappiejohn View Post
    IMHO enjoyed the shelter more so that lodge basement - parking was an issue last year at the lodge, and shelter seems to let the "crew" move about, mingle and swap fish tales more than the lodge did.
    agree on that The lodge room is nice, but NOT for as big a crowd as we had last year.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes Mike1234 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Who will reserve the shelter? Do I need to contact HB or will just call and we pay for it that weekend? Make sure that we reserve early enough that no one else has it.
    Cabelas, Crappie Magnet, Jenko Fishing, Cumberland Crappie , Slabanator Jigs, and Pure Crappie Tackle.
    Timscatchingcrappie.com

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t.slabseeker View Post
    Who will reserve the shelter? Do I need to contact HB or will just call and we pay for it that weekend? Make sure that we reserve early enough that no one else has it.
    I will get the shelter (with Chucky's help). It's COE owned, so we have to go through them to reserve/pay for it.
    Likes Mike1234 LIKED above post

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the itinerary for the weekend so we know how many and which nights to book lodging ...??

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Apr 28th is our date .... considering that many of our members will be fishing in the CUSA tourneys the first three weekends of April and the first weekend in May.

Unfortunately though, there's a 90% chance that Chucky will not be attending (due to his ongoing health problems). We are already in the process of getting replacement cooks. I will be working with Chucky, starting this weekend, to work out the remaining transfer of duties & appropriations.

That's all I know to tell you at this point in time.
    Happy to help out however you need me to Pappy.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    What's the itinerary for the weekend so we know how many and which nights to book lodging ...??

Rickie
    Plans are still tentative, but ....

more or less same as previous years : All the activities/festivities will occur on Saturday Apr 28th .... daylight til 1pm local time we will be fishing ... 1pm til whenever the fish are cleaned, cooked, and served will be open for meet/greet mingling ... once we've eaten there will be the door prize give-aways ... then the cleaning crew will dispose of the remains/garbage. We will "most likely" be renting the picnic shelter for the fish fry event.

There will be some of us that will be there Fri - Sun .... and I'm hearing a rumor that a certain member may be providing Fri evening's meal for anyone that wishes to partake. I will let him post the particulars when we start the thread for volunteers bringing food and other items, and we get a sense of how many people would be there for that meal. This is in place of Chucky's Chili Dinner that we had last year.

How long one books lodging will depend on how long they want to stay, or are able to stay. I believe the Holmes Bend cabins/lodge have a 2 night minimum stay ... but, I don't know for sure, yet. I still have to consult with Chucky on the details and possibly get him to talk to Holmes Bend on our behalf.

Lodge rates are posted on the Holmes Bend Marina website, along with their contact info. They have 2 & 3 bedroom cabins, Lodge rooms, and one room sleeper cabins for rent. The Holmes Bend Campground is a separately owned/operated entity, so campsite reservations must be done through them, not the Marina. The picnic shelter is run by the COE, and its rental has to be done through them (which I'm taking care of).
    Likes Red190, wannabe fisherman, crappiemax LIKED above post

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Plans are still tentative, but ....

more or less same as previous years : All the activities/festivities will occur on Saturday Apr 28th .... daylight til 1pm local time we will be fishing ... 1pm til whenever the fish are cleaned, cooked, and served will be open for meet/greet mingling ... once we've eaten there will be the door prize give-aways ... then the cleaning crew will dispose of the remains/garbage. We will "most likely" be renting the picnic shelter for the fish fry event.

There will be some of us that will be there Fri - Sun .... and I'm hearing a rumor that a certain member may be providing Fri evening's meal for anyone that wishes to partake. I will let him post the particulars when we start the thread for volunteers bringing food and other items, and we get a sense of how many people would be there for that meal. This is in place of Chucky's Chili Dinner that we had last year.

How long one books lodging will depend on how long they want to stay, or are able to stay. I believe the Holmes Bend cabins/lodge have a 2 night minimum stay ... but, I don't know for sure, yet. I still have to consult with Chucky on the details and possibly get him to talk to Holmes Bend on our behalf.

Lodge rates are posted on the Holmes Bend Marina website, along with their contact info. They have 2 & 3 bedroom cabins, Lodge rooms, and one room sleeper cabins for rent. The Holmes Bend Campground is a separately owned/operated entity, so campsite reservations must be done through them, not the Marina. The picnic shelter is run by the COE, and its rental has to be done through them (which I'm taking care of).
    Pap ... Is the Fling April 28 date definite enough for me to book a cabin ...??

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    Pap ... Is the Fling April 28 date definite enough for me to book a cabin ...??

Rickie
    The date is pretty much fixed ... and we have some volunteers to do the cooking ... and I'm working with Chucky to get the prize donation sponsor list, so I can start soliciting for door prizes. I will also be in contact with Holmes Bend, tomorrow, to find out how many cabins/rooms are currently available for that weekend. I will post my findings tomorrow afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any word on Green River get together?

Pappy I have one cooker like they sale at bass pro with two baskets and a small round one. I have two electric ones that will cook up to a 20 turkey. How many do you think we will need. I. An get more if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast