Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disappointing finish to a tough day

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Don and I added that in a second post. I know what he is going through personally and I didn't want to make a federal case out of it. I sat down and had a meal with him before I left.
    He knows he made a mistake and hopefully learned from it.
    Sure it was disappointing, but at the end of the day it wasn't worth adding a bunch of stress in my life since it wasn't going to change anything.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes Eatmorecrappie, hobo LIKED above post

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO if Bill made the mistake (and I dont even know Bill) then he should come off HIS hip and man up for what he owes you guys. To me........that would be the RIGHT thing to do. It's what I would do. I'd hate knowing that every time I seen either of you two guys I'd have to look the other way over a couple hundred dollars.

People has asked and I dont really talk about it much but the whole reasoin I dont enter touraments is because when money is involved usually there's somebody that goes home at the end of the day very unhappy. I used to enter bow fishing tourneys, did quite well I might add, but seen alot of unrulely things the last year I fished 'em which made me quit 'em and I said I'd never enter another tournament...for charity or not. I simply dont need that stress.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
    Likes BigDawgg, SeaRay, OBRage LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I won't say anything else Ray except I hope he paid for your meal?
    Likes SeaRay LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Butch, Bill just did the cooking no part of Lake World. Richard is a good guy and on the up and up. I've been going to Lake World since I was little. I think it was just a mistake and we all learn from our mistakes.

Don I agree with you, I have fished a couple of his tournaments and had a great time.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I stand corrected with the names. I still stand with my comment. Ray, I'd almost bet you that every time you walk into Lake World somebody will see you coming and head for the back room.LOL Wouldnt it just be easier to pay for the mistake?!? 'Nuff said....time to move on.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

NOW I did not want to get involved in this post but !!!! this is going to make gabowman spit what ever beverage he is drinking !!!! if ya'll was just as half a passive as me what do ya'll see that's a problem ????

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"

Post Thanks / Like

Likes SeaRay, uncle remus LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get it,
    but I dont get a lot
    G3PO
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What is there not to get..... you pay an entry fee to a tournament the rules stated weigh in between 2:30 and 3:30 , a decision was made to weigh in early leaving those still on the lake SOL.........

It is a poor way of doing things, and Ray is a much better man than me for handling it like he did! I do disagree with the notion of it being a simple mistake these guy's aint no strangers to tournaments...........
    Three can keep a secret................If two of them are dead! (Benjamin Franklin)
    Likes BigDawgg, gabowman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know Richard and I've never been to Lake World but I have always heard great things about him and his business. I've fished a good many tournaments and good fella or not, that was just plain wrong. At the very least I'd want my entry fee back. I know the WP tournaments are for fun and there's probably not a big pay out, but right is right and wrong is wrong. Under no circumstance should a weigh in be held early without notifying everyone in it. And furthermore it needs to be a unanimous decision to weigh in early. That's just my opinion.

I've considered fishing one of his WP events at some point, and this won't change my mind, but I can tell you I won't be able to handle it as well at Mr. Ray. Hats off to you for not showing your tail. You're a better man for it. But, he won't have much of a turnout for these events if he continues to run them like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hooking up every chance I get!
    Likes Inkdabber, gabowman, BigDawgg, OBRage LIKED above post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast