HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Favorite float/bobber for gills?

Post Thanks / Like

Another pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks hdhntr thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice collection,if I'm not careful,I will become a bobber collector.Dang,just what I need,another hobby!

Post Thanks / Like

I have had good luck with these ESB's.

The Everlasting Slip Bobber - the world's finest slip bobber!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    Another pic:
    Why do those look backward to me? Wouldn't it improve the sensitivity if the long end of the stick was above the float?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy115 View Post
    Wouldn't it improve the sensitivity if the long end of the stick was above the float?
    No. For the four floats on the right, the "long end" is called the stem. It is virtually weightless and makes the float stable in the water. These are standard pole floats used all over Europe.

For the two floats on the left. the "long end" is the body of the float itself. All the buoyancy in the float is in that body and has to be beneath the surface of the water. These two floats are based on a design by Robert Tesse, the former French world champion.

BTW, the float that is second from the right has a wire bristle (the part that sticks out of the water.) There is no float on Planet Earth that is more sensitive.

Post Thanks / Like

I had forgotten about this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends I normally use a small cigar shaped float for pole fishing but I have really been turned on to the pear shaped weighted floats for my cast fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

what a vast store of information and I need your help Obi wan, your my only hope! determined to learn how to do the bobber thing, being a dedicated tight line guy who is addicted to the thump. This is how the best fisherman on my lake do it and they consistantly have buckets full of big crappie while I just can't detect the subtle bites on bobbers that are there by big crappie.

you all have armed me with info and I purchased a rod and reel that should increase my range and will be experimenting with different bobbers to figure it out. thing is I know after couple of failed attempts I can go to a dock loaded with brush and get my limit of 10-12 inchers and many more shorter no problem even tho others have fished it but I want those 12-14 inch limits the bobber dudes are pulling in. It's the challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

Headhunter,
    I have a whole tray of Bobbers cuz my better half has a fixation with them....every time she hits Cabelas or fleet farm she comes home with any she hasn't seen before...
    For me when I use a bobber its the Weighted Thills I mentioned in the other thread, setting the weight higher the bobber will cock slightly in the water..When a fish hits the bat from underneath as Crappies like to do the bobber will flop on its side for an instant and right itself or be gone
    Its kinda funny out of a whole tray only 2 need new paintjobs!
    Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Deathb4disco,
    I inherited some like your pix....But never used them, might have to grab them out of storage and give them a toss
    Feeling kind of stupid....I thought they were for Trout fishing

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast