HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Favorite float/bobber for gills?

Post Thanks / Like

When fishing artificial lures for Panfish I use a balanced bobber along with a 10 foot spinning rod. The bobbers can be weighted with solder causing the bobber to float in a vertical position. In the case of a up bite the bobber take a horizontal position.
    The bobber is fixed to the line with silicone tubing. Fixing the bobber to the line allows more natural fall of the artificial lure. I fish this rig down to ten feet over weeds.Name:  IMG_2502.JPG
Views: 1388
Size:  33.5 KBName:  IMG_2501.JPG
Views: 1377
Size:  39.3 KB
    Likes shipahoy41, Yodibuzz, Scoot, hdhntr, Triton9918 LIKED above post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

porcupine quills , takes very little to move them and detects the lightest of bites.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes mando LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Those small wing-its work pretty well as slip bobbers in wind. I usually stick to a Thill weighted slip 3/8" or 1/2" pencil or the smallest two weighted slip eggs. Balancing them with solder is a genius idea!

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing mainly small lakes and ponds in my area I use the common slip float with a bobber stop. I tend to like the more straight walled style. I do sometime use the spring version of this float if I don't want to take the time to rigg a slip float. I do prefer balsa but they get more expensive every year and I'm tempted to go with the Styrofoam.

I'm not familiar with the term "waggler" float. Can someone help me out there without hi-jacking the thread too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denny66 View Post
    I'm not familiar with the term "waggler" float. Can someone help me out there without hi-jacking the thread too much.
    It's an English float. I discovered them about twenty years ago, and you could not pay me to use anything else. I've posted about them a lot, so feel free to ask questions or start another thread if you like. Here's a brief article on them:

Wagglers | Total Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Not to change the subject but years ago my Uncle told me he was fishing with a friend. He's catching and friend was not. After a while he told him the only difference in rigs was the size of there corks. His friend changed to a smaller one and he to started catching.
    Likes fish getter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Ray View Post
    Not to change the subject but years ago my Uncle told me he was fishing with a friend. He's catching and friend was not. After a while he told him the only difference in rigs was the size of there corks. His friend changed to a smaller one and he to started catching.
    That's not changing the subject.

Smaller floats are more sensitive. I fished a competition once (float fishing only.) The guy next to me was using a bobber the size of a tennis ball. I was using a tiny pole float with just the tip out of the water. My competitor saw one bite, but couldn't land the fish. I finished with almost forty pounds of fish in four hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Ray View Post
    I have seen this happen on many different occasions.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember in days gone by,bobbers were huge,now the conventional wisdom say,and rightly so,thin is in!

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of thin, here are some of my favorite pole floats.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast