Likes labdad LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

site sponsor and good guy to deal with
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes parratt1, labdad, short grub LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just received my Xi5 and surprise! It's damaged. The box looked like it had fallen off a truck and the skeg is hit and bent. I'm not going to install it but I had measured out a couple of brackets and I think my set up will work without having to fabricate anything. I am using a R&R Design slide bracket (they make it for Skeeter boats and it's the heaviest duty bracket I have ever used). You can order it from your local Skeeter dealer or directly from R&R Design. $150 for it. That slide bracket together with the Motorguide aluminum quick release mount will give you enough height to slide the "knuckles on board. Best part is the holes on the slide bracket will match the Motorguide. I didn't take any pics yet since I am returning the motor but was able to mock everything up and it works. Once I receive the replacement motor I will install and post pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine last week. I bought it from Shut-up-and-Fish and it was also drop shipped. The box didn't even have a scratch on it and the motor appeared in perfect condition. I had some other projects so didn't get it mounted till yesterday. Took it out on a local lake for three hours this afternoon and was very pleased with it. Everything worked very well and I really like the anchor and jog feature. I almost never troll so this motor fits my fishing style perfectly. I mounted it as the manual said and the front of the motor doesn't seem to be any kind of problem with my Lund. Hope to get some more time on it soon. There was no wind today and I need to see how it works in the normal 20mph+ Oklahoma wind.
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

IKEN, IT WORKS BETTER IN WIND THAN CALM,JUST GIVE IT A COUPLE MINUTES TO ADJUST,MAKE SURE U ARE ALREADY POINTED INTO WIND AND WHILE MOVING UP TO SPOT TO HIT SPOTLOCK IF U WILL HIT SPOTLOCK ABOUT 5 FEET BEFORE U WANT TO STOP THEN HIT 5 FEET FORWARD IT WILL DO A GREAT JOB
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8
    Likes IkenI, brettw, Pop N Cork LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Gene,.....are you having any sonar interference issues, while the xi5 is running?

Post Thanks / Like

NONE BUT 2D AND DI ARE ON A POLE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    NONE BUT 2D AND DI ARE ON A POLE
    I had real bad interference on si and 360 until I ran a ground wire to the lower unit of the ix5..alls well now....

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT, KOMOS

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping thread alive
    i moved my winch to the other side of the boat, flipping it upside down to try and get away from the IX5.
    it was hittin it while winding in.
    then it hit it on the launch which is very bad because that's way less controlled. I just float the boat off the trailer.
    trying lowering the winch way down but that messes up the way the boat locks in to the trailer at the bow.

will keep trying
    G3PO

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast