Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Spring Camp

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it's a bad idea to have camp the same weekend as a FJ. Been there done that. A couple of years, Don Don and I had to bust our butts to get everything set up and going after fishing all day. Just ain't worth it. Although, it could work if the cooks weren't fishing the tournament. They could get everything up and running while the tournament was wrapping up. Just my two cents.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You're so right Chris, was so worn out that I really didn't have a good time. Main reason I quit cooking was I didn't get to spend time with my friends.
    proud member of "Team Cup"
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

G, I guess I could. Problem is all the work I have to do is away from home. I have already had to give up coaching the MSU Shooting Sports team, that I helped start, and am doing just minimum amounts of work to stay certified as a Master Gardner. My one true love, is crappie fishing. I think the camps are a wonderful way to meet people with the common interest. Maybe we are trying to make these too big and complicated.. With all the comments received so far, I am wondering if we should attempt to have a camp. Either way.. I will attend if I can, help if I can, but I can't commit to take on any more responsibility. I will be glad to help with any of the grunt work when I get there. If this is a problem, then I will just go fishing
    Likes Billbob, DonDon, ShilohRed LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I know that this has been mentioned before, but with the spring being as busy as it is.... perhaps we should consider moving this to a summer camp????

I know someone mentioned it earlier, and I just kept my mouth shut, but I thought it was a pretty decent idea....

Either way, I live in Grenada, and I don't do the tourneys, so I will be ready to eat some fish and visit whenever you guys choose.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys we are just setting a date, FJ directors will do their thing and somebody can handle the rest.
    Set it for then and rock!!!!!
    Fact is the boats the FJ will loose to the CM tourney will most likely be made up by people at the camp. Looked through the names for locals that will most likely lose 4 from our numbers at the camp due to the crappie masters.
    I will "suggest" again too, we don't have to fry fish, have a smoke off!!
    Everybody ain't gonna be happy, just a fact. As far as door prizes there hasn't GOT to be any but know of a good many that will be there anyways.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes clfarms1, bowhunter012463 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Got my cabin, you cant change it now
    Likes Rees Guide, Gobob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iwannafish View Post
    I know that this has been mentioned before, but with the spring being as busy as it is.... perhaps we should consider moving this to a summer camp????

I know someone mentioned it earlier, and I just kept my mouth shut, but I thought it was a pretty decent idea....

Either way, I live in Grenada, and I don't do the tourneys, so I will be ready to eat some fish and visit whenever you guys choose.
    1st Annual Crankbait Fest!!

XL for me.

Think about it. We could have it in late May, June or July and plan on a 3 day camp headquartered at Enid. We could crank Sardis on Friday, Grenada on Saturday and finish up a Enid on Sunday morning. Everybody exchange cell phone numbers so we can zero in on the fish at each lake. We could do field testing for ScottV with some of his new color combinations and ask SteveJ hold a seminar on how to select proper headwear for a each day. Satdoc and Feesh would have more time to get their new homes decorated and the landscaping started. Feesh or Scott could swing by the old mill again and pick up the breading we all enjoyed at Fall camp.

At lunch on Sunday we could present an award to the person that the group voted as being the most helpful and informative over the weekend.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Likes DonDon, Rees Guide, wilbur, Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought for future planning of spring camp. If you were to make the 3rd weekend of March the offical camp date you never run into Easter and would be first on the books for everyone else like fruit jar to know when to plan around. If you went to the last weekend in March you run into Easter in 2016 and 2024 are the only times you would have to change it. We decided last spring to make the 3rd weekend in May the permanent weekend for Illinois camp then we dont have to worry about it. Not trying to tell you guys how to run things as you have been doing it alot longer than we have,but I think it would make it easier,you would only have to decide on a lake and since they are usually at the big 3 you could just rotate them year to year or decide at camp for the next year.
    Likes ShilohRed, yikess LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clfarms1 View Post
    Just a thought for future planning of spring camp. If you were to make the 3rd weekend of March the offical camp date you never run into Easter and would be first on the books for everyone else like fruit jar to know when to plan around. If you went to the last weekend in March you run into Easter in 2016 and 2024 are the only times you would have to change it. We decided last spring to make the 3rd weekend in May the permanent weekend for Illinois camp then we dont have to worry about it. Not trying to tell you guys how to run things as you have been doing it alot longer than we have,but I think it would make it easier,you would only have to decide on a lake and since they are usually at the big 3 you could just rotate them year to year or decide at camp for the next year.
    Another good idea.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yikess View Post
    1st Annual Crankbait Fest!!

XL for me.

Think about it. We could have it in late May, June or July and plan on a 3 day camp headquartered at Enid. We could crank Sardis on Friday, Grenada on Saturday and finish up a Enid on Sunday morning. Everybody exchange cell phone numbers so we can zero in on the fish at each lake. We could do field testing for ScottV with some of his new color combinations and ask SteveJ hold a seminar on how to select proper headwear for a each day. Satdoc and Feesh would have more time to get their new homes decorated and the landscaping started. Feesh or Scott could swing by the old mill again and pick up the breading we all enjoyed at Fall camp.

At lunch on Sunday we could present an award to the person that the group voted as being the most helpful and informative over the weekend.
    I think you have a great idea. I move that you be placed in charge of the first annual Mississippi Summer Crankbait Festival and Camp. Drive on, Yikes!!!