Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hb 6.740

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the 6.680 version software it stated in the release notes:
    “These software updates draw a line in the sand. Once a user updates one or more of their units to software version 6.640 or 6.680 they must update all of the other Ethernet networked units to the same release. If they try to use one unit with software version 6.680 and another unit on the same network that might be at 6.610 or lower these models will no longer talk to each other until the unit that is at 6.610 or lower has been updated to the newest release of 6.640 or 6.680. If the units are not networked, this issue is irrelevant. But we always recommend that the user update with the latest code.”
    All software versions after 6.680 will have these same changes. So if you update your 898 to the 6.740 software you will also have to update your 998 unit to the current software (which is also 6.740) if you want them to communicate via the Ethernet connection.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Greg, I thought so just wasn't sure. I'm going to give 6.740 a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwing View Post
    Thanks Greg, I thought so just wasn't sure. I'm going to give 6.740 a try.
    I'd recommend looking at the threads on BBC before you update. Many have updated, only to go way back in revisions due to the SI/DI/2D image degradation. Or keep older copies on additional SD cards to revert back to.

It's been recommended by many that if you don't have the newer hardware that requires newer updates, that you stay on the older versions.

Post Thanks / Like

I just installed a 898HD, it came with 6.610. From what I've seen 6.74 is the best version since 6.49. I don't want to risk bricking the unit going backwards and I must update the 998 to communicate thru Ethernet.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 6.74 and am pleased.

I believe that mduncan is a lowrance owner and as such has no personal experience with the latest hb offerings.
    Team "Itch N 2 Fish"
    Likes Moveon LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post

I believe that mduncan is a lowrance owner and as such has no personal experience with the latest hb offerings.
    Correction, I am not an owner of any marine electronics, and am in the "Shopping" phase of selecting one for my Kayak. One need only read all of the information available on the internet. How many users have asked even on this board for Greg to provide older versions to roll back to? Several. It has been the topic of many threads on many boards. I am only reporting the information that has been posted.

Does owning a certain brand exclude you from commenting on an internet message board?

Post Thanks / Like

Might be going with the new Garmin. They look pretty slick.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad Mduncan mentioned viewing the BBC boards. There's a wealth of information there for anyone interested in purchasing new electronics. I found out about the software issue on H/B's, but when I looked over at the other products site, I found folks $3000 plus units had screen issues and replacements weren't available. Made my decision to buy a Humminbird much easier. The good news is the manufacturer finally got the issues fixed and folks who have been without their units will finally get a replacement. It sure pays to look over each companies products and issues before you make your purchase. I know other companies have had manufacturing defects in units and left folks waiting quite awhile for a replacement. Thankfully H/B hasn't had that problem. I'm confident that H/B will get this software issued fixed. My 200 2D, SI, and DI are excellent. I will admit my 200/83 and 83 sure could use some tweaking. Good fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly Shellback. That is what the internet is for. Some issues get resolved ASAP, and some don't. This is true for any product and any company. The consumers always are the victim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post

Duncan doesnt even fish

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast