SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: crinkle jig paint ties

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ST.LOUIS,MISSOURI
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quick update, I have another tying video up on You tube tying a bunny hair spinnerbait in 1/8, perfect size for crappie. Also found a cure for sagging heads while curing paint in your oven and the crinkle heads are off the charts now. Try baking them in the oven with the heads up instead of down, it works fantastic. Extra paint ends at the collar instead of the tip of the heads, so now I'm baking heads longer at higher temps with 0 coneheads. Found idea on you tube and as soon as I saw it I was like "duh", why hadn't I thought of it before since I have been painting jigs for 30 years.
    Likes 20watt LIKED above post

  2. #22
    SuperDave336's Avatar
    SuperDave336 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Moderator Kayaks Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    16,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    LOL, yeah we all have our "duh" moments. I mentioned in an earlier post about using the jig clamps to hold them. That keeps the heads up so paint runs down the shaft. My first go at powder painting i hung the jigs and I had paint running from the jig head all the way to the bottom of toaster...lol. Lesson learned, I bought some clamps.
    Likes JUNGLEJIMJIGS, Jamesdean, 20watt LIKED above post

  3. #23
    SuperDave336's Avatar
    SuperDave336 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Moderator Kayaks Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    16,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks JUNGLEJIMJIGS thanked you for this post

  4. #24
    DrNip's Avatar
    DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Harrah, Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEJIMJIGS View Post
    Quick update, I have another tying video up on You tube tying a bunny hair spinnerbait in 1/8, perfect size for crappie. Also found a cure for sagging heads while curing paint in your oven and the crinkle heads are off the charts now. Try baking them in the oven with the heads up instead of down, it works fantastic. Extra paint ends at the collar instead of the tip of the heads, so now I'm baking heads longer at higher temps with 0 coneheads. Found idea on you tube and as soon as I saw it I was like "duh", why hadn't I thought of it before since I have been painting jigs for 30 years.
    Lol yup they have jig drying clamps for this or you can make your own. I have a few sets but never use them. I hardly ever get cone heads but I use a fluid bed which helps with getting less paint on the head than just dipping straight into paint jar. I believe you get an overall better result with the fluid bed.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Memphis, Tn.
    Posts
    1,426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I d like the video of doing the crinkle paint,,,,
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    N.W.Springfield,Missouri
    Posts
    4,819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For a first run on a video, That was great. camera angle could improve as your hand was a bit in the way, but it was holding the materials on the jig. other than that it was pretty good. Really enjoyed the video, great subject too. I haven't seen hoe to tie in the flank feathers on a jig. I would love to see ways of using other feathers other than the run of the mill hackle and marabou feathers we see so often. Thank you JUNGLEJIM for sharing this with us, and Thank you Superdave for getting the video up.
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.

  7. #27
    SuperDave336's Avatar
    SuperDave336 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Moderator Kayaks Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    16,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takeum View Post
    I d like the video of doing the crinkle paint,,,,
    Here is one of the videos. He has a total of 3 currently uploaded on crinkle paint.

    Likes hogpaw LIKED above post
    Thanks Jamesdean thanked you for this post

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ST.LOUIS,MISSOURI
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I started to do a two part version on crinkle powder paint yesterday and was making an adjustment to my phone angle and the phone popped out of the holder sending things flying. The s**t word popped out of my mouth followed by an F bomb. Video over, delete. I plan on doing more and hopefully everything will improve the more I do. I do have a tripod with light that will rotate 360 but haven't figured that out yet.
    Likes SuperDave336, Jamesdean, skiptomylu LIKED above post

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Always good work J...

    >>>-----------> Make It Count!!! <><

  10. #30
    SuperDave336's Avatar
    SuperDave336 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Moderator Kayaks Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    16,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEJIMJIGS View Post
    I started to do a two part version on crinkle powder paint yesterday and was making an adjustment to my phone angle and the phone popped out of the holder sending things flying. The s**t word popped out of my mouth followed by an F bomb. Video over, delete. I plan on doing more and hopefully everything will improve the more I do. I do have a tripod with light that will rotate 360 but haven't figured that out yet.
    I laughed out loud over this. Good stuff. We appreciate the videos even if it means more than one take.
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post
    Thanks JUNGLEJIMJIGS thanked you for this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP