Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any Smithville updates?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Smithville updates?

Any of you guys make it out to Smithville over the weekend? I am stuck in Colorado all week but I was curious what the water temp is up to. I haven't been out for a couple of weeks since the weather turned to crap. I am hoping to be on the water most of next week...assuming the fish are cooperative.

Any reports up north Cook?

ShortStorie...been on the water lately?
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Not much to say,temps have dropped 2-3 degrees,water muddy.Picked up a few dinks monday using winter pattern.Might be time to do a little mushroom hunting...Did you see any of that snowstorm last week in Co?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brian.. hadn't seen your posts in awhile... How's the weather in Colorado.
    Haven't been on the lake in 3 weeks... Corps says the temp is 50 at the dam.

Thanks, Cook... I was wondering what the water was like on the north end.
    Probably another week before the crappie know it's spring.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got to CO yesterday and the only snow is on the mountains. I talked with a client yesterday who had over a foot of snow last Friday and it was gone on Saturday.

Hopefully this week of warmer days and nights will warm the water a little bit. I don't have to travel again for work until the week of May 7th so I plan on being on the water about everyday for a couple of weeks starting on Monday.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth... Gary Lezak, NBC meterologist says his LRC (Lezak Recurring Cycle) predicts another storm, with POSSIBLE freezing lows, the last week of April. Noooooo!