Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What's happenin?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's happenin?

Just seeing what everyone is doing with all this nasty weather here to stay for a few days,i'm about to go stir crazy...i guess i'll break out the chainsaw today and try to clean up my yard...that should take up the better part of the week This is about as quiet as it gets here on the Mo board...lets fire it up and at least talk about fishin.Have you guys that are goin to Grenada thought about what methods you are gonna use to catch that allusive 3 pounder?i think i'll be tightlining and trolling creek channel edges and dropoffs to start with and if they're not there i'll move to shallow stumps and logs with Slabbusters and umbrella tubes tipped with some big shiners....hopefully the big ole sows will be shallow around every stump...that is stuff that dreams are made of.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the water temp, I'll probably start mornings fishing shallow with tubes and slab busters then later in the morning, I'll start trolling Bandits trailed by Sliders, in creek channels

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default No ice problem here, fortunately...

Hope you all get through that okay -- it looks bad.

I'm just counting the days until I'm fishing again at LOZ. I'll leave after work with my wife and daughter on Feb. 1st -- 16 days and counting. Then, weather permitting, another trip down there the weekend of Feb. 16th with a buddy for some fishing on his Triton.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Febuary is a great time to fish the upper glaize...let me know if you guys are down the weekend of the 16th i should have a report....hopefully a good one.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to do whatever Bugman and the rest of you pros suggest on Grenada. Never been there and always willing to listen to the voice of experience.

We are going to get down there on the Sat. before most of you are arriving on Monday so we may have a day and a half of fishing under our belt when you get there. We are thinking of hiring a guide on Sunday in order to acquire some "local knowledge". Will be happy to share whatever we learn.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

It has been a very long weekend I was actually looking forward to going back to work this morning it was a pretty good day though got off early and stopped off by everharts in clinton to buy some jigs and things for the walleye down below truman dam...last thursday evening right before the big storm they were catching them throuout the day and I ended up with 1 nice walleye right before dark. I took it home and ate him..caught him on a 1/8 ounce fuzzy grub tipped with a slab buster tail in smoke color...pretty good combo for those walleye down below the dam..today I bought some 1/8 ounce horse head jigs and some regular round head 1/8 oz jigs and some blue and white sassy shad bodies those are good for the walleye too..I may try it after work tomorrow just have to get bundled up..as soon as it warms up though they will start doing good again.

Post Thanks / Like

Walleye...keep us posted...when they get good i'm on my way.

www.simplycrappie.com