Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Canoe Trip, 1 Sep

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Canoe Trip, 1 Sep

Well, I decided to get the canoe out and go for another trip yesterday. Started at 0645 and wound up with 15 good keepers and only a few shorts that had to go back. The green fish and bream were obnoxious yesterday but it kept it interesting thru the rain and all. Fish are in real good shape this year already. Lots of fat on these so they should fry up real nice. All my fish came in 20-23 fow and they were suspended on the thermal cline at 17-18 feet. Dark colors for the cloudy day did best, junebug/chartreuse, red/chartreuse, and black&blue/chartreuse. Chartreuse headed jigs seemed to do better than the red yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob D,

Congrates on the mess of fish and great report. I didn't think the thermocline would be that deep, good info!

I hope to get out somewhere tomarrow morning, just don't know where yet! It dropped 4 inches of rain here in 1 hour this afternoon, may be hard to find clean water.

Post Thanks / Like

limestone county schools are open on labor day but my 3year olds day care is not. else i would be dragging the muddy water myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Water temps are cooling! Two weeks ago it was 83, Saturday it was 80. Ditch, I'm pretty sure that was a thermal cline on my depth finder. Once in shallower water, it did not show up, but as soon as I dropped into 19 fow it would show. The fish were up first thing in the morning but then they settled right over that thermal cline later in the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob D,

I'm sure your right,I just didn't expect it to be that deep in such a small lake. I still haven't made it out there, when I have had the time the weather forecast always calls for the wind to get up so I have gone somewhere else. I talked with the lake manager on the phone a couple times. He said there aren't many slabs, but a good population of eaters in the 10 to 11 inch range.