Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Music…

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

RIP Bernie Marsden
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Post Thanks / Like

I’m enjoying y’alls contributions

Been thinking about sharing this,
    I come from a bit odd background probably, musically speaking.
    I wasn’t exposed to much variety growing up, so a few albums/groups that I did hear, I guess made sort of outsized impressions on me.
    The first, my parents had the big huge stereo thingamajig most hip young couples aspired to have in the 60’s.
    Turntable, radio, and reel to reel.
    Thing took 4 people to move. But they only owned a handful of albums,
    sometimes they would stack them all up on the turntable and let them automatically play, one by one as we were going to bed. Went to sleep listening. The only 2 that made impressions were Willie Nelson, Redheaded Stranger - and a Glen Campbell album. I loved Willie, Glen not so much

Then into my early teens, I had a few 8 tracks bought at yard sales, and a couple bootleg cassettes from the flea market. Wore them out, AC/DC,
    38 Special, Foreigner, Nazareth and a few more. Just never spent much money on music.

Then when I got drivers license and started getting out on my own, buddies and I went through a Hank jr. kick, riding back roads drinking beer. Not much changed for a long while, had a bunch of hot cars, but hardly ever got around to having a functional radio. Every dollar went towards cams, headers, Holley double pumpers, motor builds, drag racing… tear it up and build back faster.

Went in to the Air Force at 18, made friends with a guy from North Carolina, he almost had to twist my arm to get me to listen to bluegrass. Started off w Ricky Scaggs, but I liked it and was soon exploring the older, more traditional stuff. But still, not a huge part of my day to day.

I guess what finally made a change was Pandora app on my phone. Started listening to it over a little speaker while I worked, and that really expanded my taste.
    I can’t let my collection play on shuffle unless I’m just looking for laughs - it’ll go from bluegrass to classic rock to old country to punk,
    Alternative rock to outlaw country-
    I seem to especially like stuff that’s hard to stick into a category.
    Guess that’s enough for now, I enjoyed writing all that, hopefully it entertains somebody for a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Shoals Area Crappie Association
    Likes kycreek, BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post
    Thanks CrappiePappy thanked you for this post

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    ole Ted is a champ , promoting the best ever country in the world , slinging arrows like a demon and rocking like it never gunna stop , 75 and still playing venues .....pretty good stuff
    My 1st real rock concert was Ted Nugent, Golden Earring & Missouri. many moons ago in 1977. LOL

Name:  1977-12-30nugent.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  54.0 KB

Check out those prices.
    Likes J White, BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading JW's expose' reminded me of something :

I've listened to music on 78, 33, and 45rpm vinyl records ... reel to reel tape ... cassettes ... CD's --- but the one thing I've not owned in my life is 8-track tapes. My roommate, back in the 70's, had 8-tracks & played them ... and that ruined me from ever wanting them.

I lived with my Grandparents from Jr High until I got out of the Army, and watched Lawrence Welk & Hee Haw with them ... and American Bandstand & other similar shows when alone. Once out on my own, I mostly listened to music on 33rpm vinyl (& the occasional 45). I've got records & CD's that I've never listened to, four of which are CD's that have never been opened.
    Likes BuckeyeCrappie, kycreek LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

While I'm cruisin' CdC tonight, I've got another window open and this timeless classic playing. This, in my opinion, is the benchmark by which all other performances of this piece should be judged. His tempo, phrasing, and allowing the acoustics of the building to add to the personality of the piece is flawless. And notice there is no sheet music; all from memory. So often, this is played as fast as can be seemingly just so the performer can show his/her dexterity.
    So if you've got a good set of headphones or a great speaker system on you computer, crank this one up. And while it's playing, read some of the comments, especially about half way down the page. Some of them are pretty good.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes J White LIKED above post
    Thanks BuckeyeCrappie thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6poundtest View Post
    While I'm cruisin' CdC tonight, I've got another window open and this timeless classic playing. This, in my opinion, is the benchmark by which all other performances of this piece should be judged. His tempo, phrasing, and allowing the acoustics of the building to add to the personality of the piece is flawless. And notice there is no sheet music; all from memory. So often, this is played as fast as can be seemingly just so the performer can show his/her dexterity.
    So if you've got a good set of headphones or a great speaker system on you computer, crank this one up. And while it's playing, read some of the comments, especially about half way down the page. Some of them are pretty good.
    Watched that till the end. Wow what an instrument, among one of my thoughts. Can’t help but wonder what all those other switches do.
    Fellow is operating on a different plane than most of us, amazing.

Likes 6poundtest LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Here is an introduction to get you started.

Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes J White LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That has to be the most complicated thing I’ve ever watched anyone operate. Thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6poundtest View Post
    This is excellent, first class. While I listen to Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, etc., I appreciate such things. Thanks so much for posting - I enjoyed it.
    Randy Andres
    Thanks 6poundtest thanked you for this post

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

“If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast