Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lithium battery configurations ...

tlefire is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=J White;4377005]On the bluetooth phone app - can you reset the bms with it? Been scouring net for an hour and haven’t found an answer

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com[/QUOTE

No....must have an 0V charging activation function on the charger.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90 four stroke
    Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Livescope Terrova 24v Ionic lithium batteries
    Likes J White, blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=NCkenner;4376780]
    Quote Originally Posted by tcounty View Post
    Well when your electronics run your battery down low enough that your motor won’t start, you may change your mind Lithium battery configurations  ...

Just glad I still had plenty left in the trolling batteries. I now have a separate battery and jumper cables.

Yes, I understand that and why I stated a single "high capacity" starting battery. If I were replacing all the batteries like Rickie is, I'd put a very large capacity main battery for house/starting duty. One without a doubt of carrying my accessories and starting when it's time to head home. In Rickie's case he has plenty of room for additional batteries and chargers and weight isn't an issue so his set up is different than most. Also the cost of an additional battery and charger is something most of us would want to avoid unless absolutely necessary.
    I carry a small pair of jumper cables in my boat at all times too but have never needed them. I have however donated them to folks on the water who have had cranking batteries fail so they could jump from their trolling set up.

Chris
    Or get one of these,it shouldvwake the bms upName:  Screenshot_20230617_171617_Samsung%20Internet.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  29.7 KB

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bricks View Post
    I am not sure I will end up with all lithums, the one for me that takes a beating is my group 31 dual purpose lead acid battery. Running 3 Helix 12`s Gen 3`s Mega Live and Mega 360 plus everything else on the boat by the end of the day it still starts my Mercury Optimax but life why`s if I get 3 years out of one I am lucky. My trolling motor batteries two Group 31`s usually last 6-7 years at this point it is cheaper to keep my 31 trolling batteries. When I can get them from Menards with 11% rebate for $102 and they are made by Exide for Menards.

Got a killer deal on a NOCO Gen Pro 10X3 new as my 23 year old 3 bank ( gonna miss the old girl not one hiccup ) cannot be updated to Lithiums, that is my first step towards a 125 AH Lithium starting battery..
    I start my optimax and power all my electronics on a 125ah ionic lithium.

Bow
    hds 9,helix 10 and mega 360,8612 and livescope plus

Console
    Hds 12,minnkota gps puck,nema 2000,power bubbles and run all my pumps

Just added a helix 9 at the console and fixing to put raptors on.Think i will be fine because on a long days trip the lowest i have saw is 68% battery left on the app.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J White View Post
    Ok, y’all forgive me if I recollect our conversation wrong. But as I recall, I pitched going 3 12 volts in series to him. That’s when he told me my minnkota digital 3 bank wouldn’t work. Said it wouldn’t hurt the batteries, but he has seen them melt the fuse holders on the charger leads. Didn’t recommend using it (mk digital). Then we covered that if I went 3 12 volts in series, I was out of option if that wasn’t enough capacity. I told him I had high needs, heavy boat and wanna troll like heck…
    He said I could go 2 36 volts hooked parallel, and if that wasn’t enough, could add another in parallel. But that he doubted I’d ever use more than the 2 36’s. If so, it was same $ or cheaper to go that way, and it would run circles around a 12v series setup.
    Hope I conveyed all that accurately!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    What yr is your minnkota,minnkotas from 2018 or newer will usually charge ionic lithiums.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NCkenner View Post
    Can you explain what happens to make a BMS get “locked out”? This is the first time I’ve heard of that. To unlock it the battery, it’s fully charged voltage must be applied to the terminals? How often does that occur?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    If it ever goes completely dead you usually have to wake it up as he described.A couple of the newer onboard chargers will wake them up also.Danny at performance fishing electronics can tell you which chargers have the wake up feature if anyone is interested.

Thanks NCkenner thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

On the bluetooth phone app - can you reset the bms with it? Been scouring net for an hour and haven’t found an answer

No,you have to hook power from another battery or a charger with the wake up feature.

Likes J White LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lithium battery configurations ...

Quote Originally Posted by blueball View Post
    What yr is your minnkota,minnkotas from 2018 or newer will usually charge ionic lithiums.

I know I didn’t buy this till 2020 or so? But think it’s the older tech. They also had the precision out too, which I think does have a lithium setting.
    Anyway, this is what I haveName:  IMG_2245.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  61.4 KB
    Hindsight is always 20/20, should have got something different.

Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I just screenshot this off my models spec page. It says yes to lithium. On the front of my charger it says flooded lead acid or agm ONLY.
    Making my head hurt. But ultimately, will go with whatever they say where I buy batteries, since I expect them to stand behind the 10 year warranty Name:  IMG_2246.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  31.0 KB

Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I know I didn’t buy this till 2020 or so? But think it’s the older tech. They also had the precision out too, which I think does have a lithium setting.
    Anyway, this is what I haveName:  IMG_2245.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  61.4 KB
    Hindsight is always 20/20, should have got something different.

If its a 2020 im about sure it will charge the ionic lithiums.Danny at performance fishing electronics would know forsure,i wire boats for him for a living.Believe the ones manufactored before 2018 wont though,so if its newer it should work.

Likes J White LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blueball View Post
    If its a 2020 im about sure it will charge the ionic lithiums.Danny at performance fishing electronics would know forsure,i wire boats for him for a living.Believe the ones manufactored before 2018 wont though,so if its newer it should work.

Hey blueball, yo msg box is full lol.
    But I was just gonna say thank you for the help. I overthink things, It’ll all work out how and when it’s supposed to.

Likes blueball LIKED above post

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast