HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking rod recommendations

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Falcon, Bonehead,BnM, all great rods I use every week.
    As Ketchn says, watch them truck doors!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    ST Croix are good rods. Far more sensitive than an Ugly Stick. If you buy the St Croix you will not be disappointed. The TCB rod is an excellent buy. While the TCB is assembled in China I’m pretty sure the blank on the rod is made in Japan. I have owned both St Croix and TCB.

Regards

Gosh, Randy, I didn’t know that about the blank. Interesting. As you and others have mentioned, if you want to get an idea of how U/L works in a “JDM style” the TCB is a great rod to try at a very good price.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

St croix rods are definitely worth the price tag. In my opinion, the Avid series and above are a huge step up in rod from their lower end models.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishnwiz View Post
    I’m considering an 7 ft ACC but can’t find one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I bought one off of a member here a few weeks ago and I’m loving it so far. Much more sensitive than anything else I’ve got in the boat. And can sling a 1/8 road runner a county mile paired with my shimano syncopate. Very very satisfied with it. I had never held one before this purchase. : 2 cents

Likes TheReelOutdoors LIKED above post
    Thanks Fishnwiz thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The TBC rod is one sweet rod I use mine for Trout Magnets.

Post Thanks / Like

I will admit I am a bit of a StCroix snob have tried GLoomis NRX`s and still come back to StCroix. If it is a presentation that requires lots of feel and lighter weight lures the StCroix come out. I do use much cheaper rods depending on how and where I am fishing one rod that really impressed me for jigging Crappie or casting is the Shakespeare 9 foot Crappie Hunter for $29 it is a huge win, light and very sensitive just fun to catch Crappie on.
    Likes TheReelOutdoors LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got two of the St. Croix panfish rods, the 6’ and 6’9” ultralights, and they are very nice rods that I am very happy with. Mine are the cheaper of the two panfish series, made in Mexico I believe with a five year warranty, as opposed to the much more expensive panfish series made in America with a lifetime warranty. I find them to be extremely sensitive, but they say the more expensive model is even more sensitive. Not sure how that is possible because I feel every bite with the cheaper model. I guess if money was no object, I’d upgrade to the American made ones, but the Mexican made ones get the job done nicely.
    Likes J.M., TheReelOutdoors LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m all over the board on rods, even have a couple of customs. My frugal nature doesn’t let me spend over about a hundred dollars on a rod or reel. There’s lots of good gear in that range. I advise you to feel the rod with the reel of your choice attached before you buy. Balance is very important.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    I’m all over the board on rods, even have a couple of customs. My frugal nature doesn’t let me spend over about a hundred dollars on a rod or reel. There’s lots of good gear in that range. I advise you to feel the rod with the reel of your choice attached before you buy. Balance is very important.
    Very true. It can’t be said enough. It can really be the difference between a rod you can fish for hours or a real dog.
    Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12