HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chasing Gill at our Town pond

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s a nice little rodeo by appearance. I learned not to look at who made it but how well it works. I had two matching rods, might have been Shakespeare but they were brown in color. I had just started full time pursuit of crappie and got em under $10 each. I couldn’t hurt em or break em on the water and they loaded and cast wonderfully. A sixteenth just kept going. Broke one in a car door or hatch lid and gave the other away. And they were one piece, my preference. I hope those do well for you, look forward to seeing more of them in the future.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes gillchaser999 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4-02-22

I usually don’t fish the town pond on a Saturday, but I got a chance to go this evening and told myself on the way there , if it was crowded, I’d turn around and go back home .
    It was surprisingly few people there when I got there . I think the overcast sky , combined with cooler than yesterday temps , with a little breeze , kept them away .
    About forty five minutes after I got there the sun came out and so did the evening walkers . But still not bad for a weekend day .
    I think it was crowded earlier today as the gills were well fed .
    I fished a spider fly on a drop shot rig for the first half of my hour and a half trip without a nibble .
    Then I tried a Rapala F3 for about ten casts , hoping to tempt a small LM. No luck .
    Finally ,I switched to a black 1/80 woolybooger jig on the drop shot and caught a small gill whose belly looked full of duck food pellets .
    I worked my usual spots over with my latest acquisition, the 5’ UL rod and Daiwa Revros LT 1000s combo and and on my last cast caught an old friend as the woolybooger fell on the cast .
    It was the same nice size gill with the puffy mouth that I’ve caught at least three other times .
    It’s gotten where he knows the routine and didn’t flop around while I took his picture beside the rod and then slid him back into the water .
    I’m sure he’s living off the duck pellets folks are throwing off the bridge.
    He looks pretty healthy except for a puffy mouth .
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Likes Powerbait, moonrunner, Fishfishwish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Couple of nice gills!
    Thanks gillchaser999 thanked you for this post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got out, looks like a good time with pretty fish. I got work and rain today, hoping for better tomorrow.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting looking rod from Amazon. The handle looks nice and comfy. Looks like you have been giving it a work out
    Likes gillchaser999 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    Interesting looking rod from Amazon. The handle looks nice and comfy. Looks like you have been giving it a work out
    I’m liking the little rod more every time I take it out .
    I particularly like the handle and grip .
    After fishing a few split grips lately , I’d almost forgotten how comfortable a full handle rod is .
    The rod caught my interest about a year ago , but was turned off by the wait time to get one . Then one day I was checking them out and decided for a little over $30 , I’d give one a try . But the 5’ spinning model was out of stock . So I ordered the 5’ casting rod.
    I was impressed with the rod for what I paid , so when the spinning ones came back in stock , I ordered one .
    I’ve got a backup rod on order now .
    I still haven’t fished the casting rod yet .
    If the wind ever slacks up around here , I’m going to take it out . I have a Kastking Zephyr BFS reel on it .
    Likes skeetbum, Fishfishwish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4-04-22 Short trip

It was almost five in the evening before I got home from getting my wife all setup for her surgery next week .
    It was after six before I could head up to the pond .
    Got in about forty minutes of fishing, using small plastic baits with the drop shot rig on four pound P-line on my Shimano Stradic FJ 1000 on my little five footer I’ve been fishing lately .
    An orange/chartreuse Trout magnet caught my one and only gill , and a Bobby Garland Itty bit swimmer in black/chartreuse caught two fun LM, and a small fat bellied redear .
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Likes moonrunner, Powerbait, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

RVG Fishing is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking catches !

Post Thanks / Like

Time well spent and the weather appears to be nice down that ways also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moonrunner View Post
    Time well spent and the weather appears to be nice down that ways also.
    Weather was great today . Low 70’s Sunny . Wish I could have spent a little more of it outside .

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast