HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Trout

Post Thanks / Like

Only a couple in that box weigh 1/8 oz. Most are in the neighborhood of 1/16 oz. The majority are sinking lures also so I can work deeper than 5 or 6 feet.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish 1/32 road runners mainly if not using live bait . I use various plastics like fle fly minnow, crappie / trout magnet , Sliders , ect . I catch a little of everything .One morning on trace lake in north MS . Name:  20200805_125717.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  110.7 KBName:  20210811_155729.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  63.5 KBName:  20190613_095511.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  79.5 KB
    Thanks gillchaser999 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

. I use various plastics like fle fly minnow, crappie / trout magnet , Sliders , ect . I catch a little of everything .
    There ya go!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that’s a fine mess o’fish, Eagle. Congrats on a good trip!
    Bob

RVG Fishing is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice catches !

Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to LM I'm at the mercy of our fish and game department for re-stocking as necessary. One I'm a shore-only angler (no boat) and two we have several local ponds supposedly teeming with them BUT I've also heard several other fellow anglers said there were years where we have "winter kill off" when it's just too cold for most to survive because ponds dept is no more than 11 feet at the middle for these low 30's we been getting southern Nevada, though I don't know if there's any truth to that. The very few LM bass I caught mostly accidental when they hit a floatNjig or flies dropshotting rig.

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago I had a winter kill in my pond that killed almost all the fish in it. Snowfall was brutal at over 5' high on average. I didn't know that the suspended algae in a pond produces oxygen even in winter that allow fish to survive. But without light, algae dies and so did the fish. Over 110 fish were floating on the surface once the ice melted in March. The pond is 8' deep. If I knew then what I know now, I would have removed large areas of snow for light to pass through the ice which was 5" thick.

The acreage and 11' water depth should have no problem supporting life - especially aquatic plants - and unless floating fish are seen after ice out - no fish kill.
    Thanks LVSpinfisher1 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I do catch quite a number of good size bass while targeting crappie with light tackle. I don’t usually targeting bass because it wastes my precious time fishing for crappies. If I’m going for multi species, I will up my tackle a little with 1/16-1/8oz road runner.
    Now I’m still a bass fisherman, and if I want bass I’ll bring a big gun for those big bass.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Likes JUNGLEJIMJIGS LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That last one is a real hog, JB. Thanks for the pics.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVSpinfisher1 View Post
    When it comes to LM I'm at the mercy of our fish and game department for re-stocking as necessary. One I'm a shore-only angler (no boat) and two we have several local ponds supposedly teeming with them BUT I've also heard several other fellow anglers said there were years where we have "winter kill off" when it's just too cold for most to survive because ponds dept is no more than 11 feet at the middle for these low 30's we been getting southern Nevada, though I don't know if there's any truth to that. The very few LM bass I caught mostly accidental when they hit a floatNjig or flies dropshotting rig.
    not sure if its is possible to kill off bass in really cold water , likely something else if it occurs , we have lots of shallow ponds in this State and the water can gets really ugly in late summer when its really low , lack of oxygen is the killer here .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes LVSpinfisher1, gillchaser999 LIKED above post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast