HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BFS (bait finesse system), anyone use them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    I hear you, iken. Not for everybody. One thing I will say from my really bad bait cast rig as a kid, I absolutely loved the pistol grip and that I do miss but it has been too many years to count. I liked the precision feel of that style handle.
    Bob
    BobC, you left out the reel that usually go with the “pistol grip“ rod…lol. This:
    Name:  IMG_0403.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  90.4 KB
    ….I’m still using it time to time just like the good old days, albeit feeling a little juvenile but who cares when it’s casting so precise you could hit the fish in the head if it was above the surface…lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes gillchaser999, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVSpinfisher1 View Post
    BobC, you left out the reel that usually go with the “pistol grip“ rod…lol. This:
    ….I’m still using it time to time just like the good old days, albeit feeling a little juvenile but who cares when it’s casting so precise you could hit the fish in the head if it was above the surface…lol.

But in all seriousness and to the OP, Dougpew and IkenI, baitcasting and BFS (Japanese) is here to stay and it’s a wonderful way to add to the sport of fishing just like fly-fishing (“A river runs through it!”) rings any bell? That’s why I love this site everyone seems to approach it with open mind without bias when it comes to points of view. With that said im like a jack of all trade when it comes to reel usage….I like try them all! Spinning, baitcasting, fly, convention, Tenkary (no reel), you name it I casted them all, well except this:
    Name:  IMG_6012.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  44.8 KB
    However one will never know I’m still young enough…,lol. Great read everyone!

Likes dougpew, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVSpinfisher1 View Post

For the times I get frustrated with the BFS baitcasting reels , I own a couple of Zebco Omega ZO2 spincasters loaded with 4# test .
    Likes LVSpinfisher1, dougpew LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If I can't handle it with a baitcaster I'll just drop back to a spinning rod. 1/16 oz is my normal limit with the BFS outfits. Gotta admit my favorite jig weight for crappie is 1/24 oz so I'll be using an UL spinning rod when I'm specifically targeting them. I had lots of good days with a Johnson Century spin cast reel as a youth but don't own any of those now. Even most of my spinning rods are light or mdm light for targeting brownies, 'eyes, or larger trout. My favorite UL is a 5 ft Falcon BuCoo (an old made in USA one) for any small fish I target, especially from the streamside.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER
    Likes dougpew LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I set one up in 2018 found the reel online for around $65.00 (now unavailable) and found a clearance rod for $20.00. Then started building a house that took twice as long as it should have then not long after I had on going health problems so it never got used much. Sold most of my fishing/hobby stuff to pay off hospital bills but this rod never sold because people were kinda confused by it lol. Getting back to fishing so it’s been getting used a LOT in the last 3 weekends.

I can chunk a foam cork, 1/16oz jig head with a tube jig a country mile with this little setup lol it’s awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123