HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grandpa bobs custom jigs

Post Thanks / Like

That is the best part of making your own, if they are late you can go to the source ,"yourself" and get it resolved.
    Likes MCG1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Grandpa Bob's long shipping time has been known for a long time. Regardless of his prices, I am not sure why anyone would continue to do business with him. Each order is like rolling the dice. This is not something I am willing to deal with. To each is own I guess.

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I’ve never ordered from him but have known about this issue with him for years therefor I would never order from him. Crazy some people were defending him the other day on Facebook. Know several other people that conduct business like this, burn people but yet people still order from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
    Grandpa Bob's long shipping time has been known for a long time. Regardless of his prices, I am not sure why anyone would continue to do business with him. Each order is like rolling the dice. This is not something I am willing to deal with. To each is own I guess.
    I can answer that, at least for me. I only order chenille and thread from him. Some new age chenille colors are standard and available from many different sources but Danville also lets their buyers order custom colors. Colors like winter run blue and SS fancy you can buy from a lot of different vendors but some of the colors he has aren't available from anywhere else. Heads you can buy from anywhere. Find a more reliable source. Same for any other standard product.

Thing is, when I started ordering from him about 10 years ago it wasn't like this. My orders were always complete and shipped in a timely manner. I emailed him after my December 2020 order was shorted and he replied he was out of stock and would send them when he got them. I wasn't upset until the second order didn't ship for two months. It was around 50 items and I didn't get any of it. Not like everyone else isn't having supply issues. I ordered a chenille made by Cascade Crest back in November from a different fly tying shop business and it still hasn't arrived. They sent the rest of the order promptly and included an order sheet that said they would ship when it was available. Given the current situation I understand supply chain problems but communication is key. Don't take people's money for stock you don't have, don't tell them what is going on and expect them to be OK with it.
    Don't worry, catch crappie.
    Likes MCG1, peshtigost LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind now Danville has at least a 20 week wait that they are behind!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!
    Likes MCG1, snake River LIKED above post
    Thanks gillchaser999 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    Keep in mind now Danville has at least a 20 week wait that they are behind!

Skip
    Wow almost half a year!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    Wow almost half a year!

Quite a few businesses are having problems getting parts. I know a marine mechanic that shut down his business because he can't get parts. My issue is don't accept orders unless you can fill them or let the buyer know in advance there is a long hold time. Taking the money and saying I will get it to you when I can is not a way to due business.
    Likes MCG1, peshtigost, Javelin 180 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I placed an order back in Dec. , never shipped, gave me a sob story that his computer caught fire and lost the orders, turned it over to PP.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes peshtigost LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Don't bother ordering from Bob. Promise after promise to ship and nothing. After a couple of calls he will longer answer the phone. I filed a claim with PayPal. Look him up on the Better Business Bureau website, his rating is as bad as it can get. His Facebook page is also full of complaint after complaint. The worse part is he ignores the complaints, leaves them there, and keeps posting pictures. This guy is a crook!
    Likes Ralo79 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    Wow almost half a year!

Well I spoke them them Monday and they said my order from late August was sent out last Friday so should get here soon. I have another order that I have in because I needed more things before this one came in and I guess it will be like in late March getting here.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast