HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 9.9 part 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chetc View Post
    this is how it goes, after 3 times out with the new 9.9 mercury on my 14ft smokercraft boat model is the big fisherman, i added a front casting deck and it is carpeted, battery up front for trolling motor and battery in rear for elec start, with me any my wife in the boat and our gear i weight 205 and my wife around 130, i feel this is a sort of heavy boat, the first 2 times out i went by the rules not to run it too hard ect. yesterday i did crank it wide open, on smooth water with a little wind help me, the best i can get was maybe 9 or 10 mph coming back into a breeze maybe 6 mph, i do notice that the boat does not seem to increase speed over 1/2 throttle, the RPM's are not there, i guess i will have to get some sort of a tach...and take it from there or take a chance on a prop, but not sure where to start

chet
    You are expecting a lot out of that 9.9. A 25 would be more appropriate for that load.

A hydrofoil and different prop will make it easier on the motor, but don't expect much.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atimm693 View Post
    You are expecting a lot out of that 9.9. A 25 would be more appropriate for that load.

A hydrofoil and different prop will make it easier on the motor, but don't expect much.
    i know a 9.9 would not be near the 25yamaha i took off, but did not think it would be that bad, as i said the places we fish are mainly 10hp max. going to look into a hydrofoil and a prop

chet