HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rods for casting lights jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smoltz View Post
    Chris what is your website. How can I check these rods out?
    Thank you all for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Here is link to his site. Scroll to bottom of page to see the Lunakia models. I have the 6' 10" in this series. But as been suggested you may want to stick to the shorter models for crappie and bluegill. This rod is off the charts good...and extremely beautiful to look at. I have bought from Chris and he is great to do business with.

https://www.finesse-fishing.com/fine...ning-rods.html

Regards
    Likes RVG Fishing LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smoltz View Post
    Chris what is your website. How can I check these rods out?
    Thank you all for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Here is video of me using the 6' 10" Lunakia to catch crappie.

Regards

Slab Crappie On TenRyu Lunakia. - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

+1 Chris and finesse. Nice to do business with.
    Bob

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  20200725_203222.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  117.7 KB Another lower end rod that will work is the panfish Elite from bass pro shops . I use the Browning "Airstream "as well as the Okuma Cellio . All will do excellent on 1/32 with 4 lb. line . Have never tried 2 lb. line .
    Likes Fishfishwish, RVG Fishing LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I has a TSS and a browning Airstream and like them both. Also have a couple of other rods that do well with 2lb line of different types. I also have a 5’6” Fenwick that gets a lot of play. Point is, there’s a lot to choose from. Take a little time and handle what has your interest, WITH A REEL ATTACHED, before you buy. A couple of my rods cast a jig a long ways with just a flick of the wrist. I use the 5’6” rods a lot cuz I fish tight cover and longer rods smack branches, and I don’t need to beat up my favorites. Remember, happiness is where you find it. Keep us posted.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes BobC, RVG Fishing, Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've used 2 pound SOS line with the Celilo. Worked fine. Even pulled in some bass with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle 1 View Post
    Another lower end rod that will work is the panfish Elite from bass pro shops . I use the Browning "Airstream "as well as the Okuma Cellio . All will do excellent on 1/32 with 4 lb. line . Have never tried 2 lb. line .
    Check out my Instagram fishing pics:
    https://www.instagram.com/fishfishwish/
    Likes Don Fischer LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

And I forgot to add that’s a good lookin dinner there eagle, I’ll take some of those.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking for the same type of rod. I presently make do with 6 -6.5' medium, fast rods that have accumulated over the years with Pflueger President 25 and 4lb test. They do ok, not great with 1/16 jigs but I would like to do better and also go to 1/32. I will check out the TCB. Have any of you tried a Temple Fork or a BPS Pan fish elite? Seems to be problems with TF but maybe its guys like me that never had a UL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LazyKB View Post
    I am looking for the same type of rod. I presently make do with 6 -6.5' medium, fast rods that have accumulated over the years with Pflueger President 25 and 4lb test. They do ok, not great with 1/16 jigs but I would like to do better and also go to 1/32. I will check out the TCB. Have any of you tried a Temple Fork or a BPS Pan fish elite? Seems to be problems with TF but maybe its guys like me that never had a UL.
    Temple Forks makes good stuff and has outstanding customer service. I have owned two of their fly rods and one spinning rod. I would probably pick the TCB but would happily fish with Temple Forks.

Post Thanks / Like

TCB rod is a good one for sure. It will work for the jig weights you want to use and depending on the water you fish you can even drop to 2lb test. 4lb should be fine.
    Bob
    PS I have one on the way right now to use along with my TSS. I will set it up a little differently.
    B
    Likes funfishers LIKED above post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast