HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will HB 360 Work With LiveScope?

Post Thanks / Like

They said earlier hummingbird was getting ready to release something new. Why not give it until then to see what it is and then decide what to do.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand your situation as I'm in the same with LiveScope. Thinking back over my life it's been 50 years from first paycheck to retirement. Tried to live within my means (mostly). Fortunately, my current wife talked me into putting some money in the stock market years ago. Through 1/2 education and 1/2 being it the right place at the right time, I did OK. When the money comes that way, you have a different attitude about spending it than if someone just gave it to you. I remember one event earlier in my life that stuck with me. Was at work and customer comes in and talks with lady I was working with. They had gone to school together. Just came from doctor and was told he had inoperative cancer. Maybe 6 months to live. Worked 14-16 hours a day 7 days a week all his life. I knew he had sold a small part of his business the previous week for 4.2 million cash. Told Fran that all the money he had was useless to him now. He wished he taken the time to enjoy life more.

Mikey
    Likes Slabprowler, rebranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting this. I couldn't believe HB waited this long. Garmin has been eating their lunch.

Mikey

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    They said earlier hummingbird was getting ready to release something new. Why not give it until then to see what it is and then decide what to do.
    Who is 'they" and what time frame did they suggest?
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikey16335 View Post
    I understand your situation as I'm in the same with LiveScope. Thinking back over my life it's been 50 years from first paycheck to retirement. Tried to live within my means (mostly). Fortunately, my current wife talked me into putting some money in the stock market years ago. Through 1/2 education and 1/2 being it the right place at the right time, I did OK. When the money comes that way, you have a different attitude about spending it than if someone just gave it to you. I remember one event earlier in my life that stuck with me. Was at work and customer comes in and talks with lady I was working with. They had gone to school together. Just came from doctor and was told he had inoperative cancer. Maybe 6 months to live. Worked 14-16 hours a day 7 days a week all his life. I knew he had sold a small part of his business the previous week for 4.2 million cash. Told Fran that all the money he had was useless to him now. He wished he taken the time to enjoy life more.

Mikey
    The money itself is not the problem, the problem is am I getting sufficient value for the money spent. If I did not need to upgrade from the gen 1 unit of the Solix 15 with gen 2 I would have already bought the mega 360. I just hate replacing a unit that is less than a year old due to Humminbird greed and feel I am somewhat of a sucker if I do it.

I don't regret my decision to buy LiveScope nor did I agonize over the purchase of it as I am the mega 360. The mega 360 is a nice to have toy but not something that I expect to impact my fishing the way LiveScope has done. While I felt and still feel that LiveScope is overpriced, I don't feel like I was being ripped off by Garmin the way I do with Humminbird about the need to upgrade to gen 2 with Humminbird to get mega 360.

I believe all brands of marine electronics are overpriced but understand why they are priced the way they are.

Regardless of the way that those who don't have it make fun of it, Livescope is worth every penny it cost. My only regret about my purchase of Livescope is I initially went cheap on it and bought the 93 + unit to save money. That decision cost me money as I found larger is better with LiveScope and ended up buying the Ultra 126 unit as well. So now I have the 93 unit to mount at the console if I ever get around to doing it. My advice on Livescope is to get the 12 inch unit as it is definitely better with the larger screen.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the the LiveScope and the 12" screen. That will probably be my next purchase AFTER I find out what HB has coming out later. SuperDave makes a good point as long as we are this close.

Mikey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
    Who is 'they" and what time frame did they suggest?
    it was said in this thread to be released around October but I’m not sure what.

https://www.crappie.com/crappie/fish...x/#post4049969

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Everybody is guessing (rumors) something is going to be released in Oct. by HB. Slowdowns, lack of parts due to Covid -19 is the reason most fishing equipment companies are low on inventory. It’s like some people keep wanting HB to bring out their version of Livescope. In all probability, that will not happen due to patents of Garmin and Lowrance and look at what Lowrance accomplished after a couple of years of legal battles in court with Garmin. I wouldn’t hold my breath, but you never know what these electronics mfgers are up to.

authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes ezgoing, rebranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

so let me better understand , when we circle a spot it will help confuse me even more than the rest of that equipment ?
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks quailhunter thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    so let me better understand , when we circle a spot it will help confuse me even more than the rest of that equipment ?
    If it works as claimed, it will show you even more fish all around the boat that you will not be able to get to bite. Leaving you even more frustrated than you get with LiveScope.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast