Quote Originally Posted by mb4850 View Post
Jake I haven't played a lot with changing baits yet but that is on my list of things to start experimenting with. I also am adding a weight above my jig if I'm jigging a brush pile. It seems to serve two purposes. First as you say it helps to get on the fish faster and second it helps you to distinguish your bait as you see two things moving in unison. Something I tried this weekend is a dropshot weight that clips on to the line. If I get hung I can pull my rod tip up to my bait by making it slide down to the bait and it stays in place until I need it to slide down. I like the profile idea. I am going to work on that. Thanks. I see you are in Van Buren, where do you fish mostly. I used to live there.
I fish Wister lake the majority of the time. Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Kerr as well. I've started going to Clear Creek lately too but the river keeps me guessing there.

I've noticed that crappie will bite the weight sometimes, that's my only concern about that drop shot method. I can see the usefulness though.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app