HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Muddy Water

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Keystone a lot I have a slip at Pier 51 and we have been catching a few on minnows with slip corks but nothing to really speak of it's has been super tough fishing. But I go when I can cause its good for me. "Been waiting to use that."

Is there a certain water temp that triggers this exodus or makes fish start moving into a new patterns?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keystonecrappie View Post
    I fish Keystone a lot I have a slip at Pier 51 and we have been catching a few on minnows with slip corks but nothing to really speak of it's has been super tough fishing. But I go when I can cause its good for me. "Been waiting to use that."

Is there a certain water temp that triggers this exodus or makes fish start moving into a new patterns?
    2 weeks ago I fished that cove from the south bank for bass and crappie. Nothing was biting. Then I slipped on a rock and almost broke my ankle. Sprained it quite bad. So I sat on a rock and cat fished. They weren't even biting!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Up here in the Nort fishing the Mississippi we look for cleaner water areas and usually way way back in the backwaters. One of my most memorable trips was fishing a guys yard and around his garage the water was that high. During normal water his garage is about 40 yards off of the river, there is an inside bend where there is normally little current and deep water the fish just moved up into his yard probably picking up bugs and worms. and used his garage as a current break.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m a firm believer that there are RULES to putting crappie in the boat, being willing to change and change often is one of the best that I know of.......
    I use to be a big believer in a lot of what’s said about use this or that during these or those conditions but after years of chasing these fish I decided I wanted to catch them more than I wanted to chase them......

Smitty39365 is online now Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Muddy Water

As CrappiePappy said Slabanator jigs are my go to... Hot Rods in Monkeytreuse or Monkey Shine work for me most of the time in muddy waters. It was definitely chocolate milk in this picName:  IMG_3964.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  71.0 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks CrappiePappy thanked you for this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123