HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LET RESTORE BEGIN

Post Thanks / Like

Ok folks, part of the search is over. I have what the seller says is a motor guide mount. I scissors in the middle to bring the motor over the bow and locks in place. that's all cool, but if any one has one of these types could you post, or possibly PM me a pick of how the motor attaches to the bracket. I think I'm still missing a piece. Don't know as I have never seen one put together. I maybe missing the big picture here of how this goes together. Thank you in advance. Eric, AKA jamesdean".

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

James, should look just like this or very similar. If you notice on the very front a knob that goes into a trap door. You loosen that up, door swings open on a pin. You put motor shaft into that, close door and screw in bolt with knob. This will also be used to adjust height of motor in bracket when deployed into the water.
    Bow Mount Trolling Motor Bracket Arm & Deck Bracket easy quick release lift | eBay
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Persistence pays of. The I'm not going to quit attitude. I kept messing with this bracket and motor and finally a light bulb lights off in my head and I got it. I was trying to put it in the storage position with the bracket folded, motor mounted backwards, and couldn't figure out why the motor was all which kind of ways.... Flipped things around and everything works like it should I think. Never had one of these, nor been around one. Next thing to do is get the new fuel line hooked up to an older tank. 12 gallon plastic tank, with a 1/8th in elbow to a 1/4 inch quick release fitting. Old tank came from a 85HP Mercury with a blade fitting screwed on going to a new fuel line with a quick release. I got the fitting today to get it to a 3/8s inch but need one that has a male 3/8s and a 1/4 inch female. Been to Race Brothers, Lowes and Menards. No dice at any one of them. Ended up piecing what I got at O'Rielies,( probably Spelt wrong), and was referred to Fastenal after the holiday. Taking a bit but I'm getting there. Like ol' Johnny Cash and his Cadillac, one piece at a time, only it's costing me a whooole lot more than a dime...LOL. Raining here now so work outside ceased. Hopefully tomorrow this gets mounted, woooo-hoooo...Till then, Thanks everyone. Eric, AKA "jamesdean".

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Cray. Right kind but I think the one I have is a bit older as There isn't a door on the thing on the shaft. The disk on the bracket is a bolt that clamps the shaft for height or depth setting, depends on how you look at it. there is a bolt with a quick wind nut on the other side that locks the bracket that's around the shaft to the folding bracket. I was trying to put it in shaft first and not bracket first, duh...Took a bit but finally had a light bulb moment and got it right. Goes in the boat tomorrow providing it's not raining as I have no overhead weather protection. Here is some pic's of it put together...Name:  IMG_20180902_161809.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  93.9 KBName:  IMG_20180902_161837.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  98.5 KBName:  IMG_20180902_161842.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  118.3 KBName:  IMG_20180902_161848.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  113.2 KB. These were taken on my couch with it partially open. Thank you for the pictures Cray. well wont be long now I hope. Good lord willing, and my hard headed determination and it's going to get slimmed this year...Eric, AKA "jamesdean".

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ya, almost forgot, This set up, motor and bracket, not counting a couple of aspirin for my head ache on trying to figure out how it went together lol, $65.00 and it works....

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

When your wife sees the grease on that spread you're really going to have a headache.
    Tell'em I'll be there.
    Likes LSL Angler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

She went be home till next week end. Dawn works wonders. She'll never see it...lol

Post Thanks / Like

She drive an 18 wheeler reginal and is over in Indiana right now, besides there's no grease on it right now. It's got some dust but I think I got most of that off of it...

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Folks. Sorry I haven't posted anything in a couple days. You could say one of life's happenings has gotten in the way. Seems a hot water line in the wall at the washing machine gave way. This is a 1995 mobile home and things happen. just glad it happened now and not in a couple of months from now. Did I say I hate Mobile homes...Space is at a premium for sure. I am not a small person. And if I ever find the person that put decorative rock next to the skirting on this house....elbows and knees are raw now. I don't have a helper so every thing done with the water pressure required two trips under the house if it wasn't right, OOOUCH!!!!! Slightest leak and back under I go again. Taking a break right now doing a pressure test to make sure it's fixed...Well as soon as I can I'll get back to theboat. Thanks for following. Eric, AKA "Jamesdean".

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel, when we bought our land years ago we got an old 1960 something mobile home ( looked like something from the Lucy Show ) " real cheap " to get by for a year or so till we could build. It sat unwinterized for a winter before we got it, it had leaks from front to back, wore me out getting in and out from under that thing. Also had to put the kitchen table up against the wall so the wind wouldn't bow it in.Lol Boat project looking good, keep at it, fish are waiting for ya.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast