Quote Originally Posted by Schins View Post
What makes the Trident less comfortable?

I considered one, but got such a good deal on a Prowler couldn't pass up.
Schins,

Hey, sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town with the family getting some snowboarding in one last time!

My Trident is decent, don't get me wrong, but for extended hours on the lake I find her Pescador a bit more comfortable "for me" because the seat in her kayak has better molding for the butt, in my opinion. The Trident's seat sits pretty flat on the kayak and there's no plastic up the back, just the seat back. Her kayak seat has a bit more plastic surrounding it and just seems to feel better over time. If I could do it again, and I may end up buying another one, I'll buy a kayak with a better seat- an adjustable one that also sits up OFF the kayak (and out of the water!). Oh, that's another thing: water. I'm about 185 lbs and her 10' Pescador never seems to take on any water. My Trident lets a lot of water in around the feet and the butt, even with scupper plugs (granted, I could probably buy better ones!) so my rear is always soaked.

I'm going to start getting our kayaks prepped for some outings here soon, so I'll try to snap pics for comparison, if I can remember.