HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Ohio crappie action.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NICKWATSON13 View Post
    do you fish that jig under a slip bobber?
    When Fishing only a few feet under a bobber, a fixed bobber is the way to go. Don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with a slip bobber. I love them. I use them more when Fishing 4+ feet or so under bobberNE Ohio crappie action.
    Likes bobberbucket, bprice1031, NICKWATSON13 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeyurk25 View Post
    When Fishing only a few feet under a bobber, a fixed bobber is the way to go. Don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with a slip bobber. I love them. I use them more when Fishing 4+ feet or so under bobberNE Ohio crappie action.
    But you can’t get that jig popping and twerking with a slip. When your fishing deeper than 4 foot use a longer rod homie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes bprice1031 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobberbucket View Post
    But you can’t get that jig popping and twerking with a slip. When your fishing deeper than 4 foot use a longer rod homie.

Good look casting it out if you are Fishing 8 feet under bobber.... homieNE Ohio crappie action.

Likes bobberbucket, bprice1031 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like a fixed bobber and usually switch to a 10' rod when fishing the deep stuff.
    Just sayin
    Likes bobberbucket, bprice1031 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeyurk25 View Post
    Good look casting it out if you are Fishing 8 feet under bobber.... homieNE Ohio crappie action.

I’ve got a 12 ft graphite mr crappie rod that I can sling a jig a mile with even fishing 8ft deep. And I can make that dirty girl dance just how they like it from a distance. Slip bobber ain’t about that action like a fixed float.NE Ohio crappie action.

Likes Bigeyurk25, crappiemax, bprice1031 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    I like a fixed bobber and usually switch to a 10' rod when fishing the deep stuff.
    Just sayin
    I feel like the rain is bad news again for you guys in the SW.NE Ohio crappie action.

Likes Bigeyurk25 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It really, really sucks down here. My usual lake finally got down to pool about 10 days ago when I left to go to Alabama, of course it jumped 6' before I got home and was almost back down to pool again and now we're getting these storms. Since everything is so saturated it doesn't take much to cause a flood again and right now it's just wave after wave of downpours. I'd be surprised if East Fork doesn't go up 20' again. There are a few spillway lakes down here but even if they aren't flooded, they are mud holes.
    On a happy note we did get a few fish in Alabama last week. Even down there the bite was pretty tough from all the fronts but on the last day the sun came out, temps began to rise and my bald spot was finally warm for an afternoon.
    I look at those pics you guys post and am just amazed at the water color, I haven't seen anything that clear since before the lakes iced up in early January.
    Likes bprice1031, Bigeyurk25, bobberbucket LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It really, really sucks down here. My usual lake finally got down to pool about 10 days ago when I left to go to Alabama, of course it jumped 6' before I got home and was almost back down to pool again and now we're getting these storms. Since everything is so saturated it doesn't take much to cause a flood again and right now it's just wave after wave of downpours. I'd be surprised if East Fork doesn't go up 20' again. There are a few spillway lakes down here but even if they aren't flooded, they are mud holes.
    On a happy note we did get a few fish in Alabama last week. Even down there the bite was pretty tough from all the fronts but on the last day the sun came out, temps began to rise and my bald spot was finally warm for an afternoon.
    I look at those pics you guys post and am just amazed at the water color, I haven't seen anything that clear since before the lakes iced up in early January.
    If you are ever up this way we will get you out!

Likes bobberbucket, crappiemax LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The gin clear water is kinda our nemesis up here some lakes are so clear you can see the bottom in nearly 20 fow. The zebra mussels they have changed the way I fished certain lakes over the past 10 years I’m always looking for dirty water or very weedy areas. The lakes with the clearest water the fish don’t hold to the wood like they used to they stay Literally up up in the thickest weeds they can find. There have been some benefits to the zebras our inland perch populations have exploded and our redears grow to impressive size feasting on the zebras.

Like Bigeyurk25 said if you ever get up fishing this way give a shout Id be glad to show you around around our strange local lakes. Plus I always enjoy learning new stuff from other fishermen from different areas seems as tho there’s always a different style or presentation I can pickup from others that I haven’t seen locally.

If you ever do make it up here I’ll warn ya in advance some guys here can attest to this. I’m disorganized clumsy and I cuss like a sailor but I’m fun to watch and I’ll have your cheeks hurting from laughing at me all day!

Good luck in the SW hopefully spring shows you guys a little mercy down there. If not it will be a good year for hunting mushrooms if your into that.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I’m gonna be working in the hurricane like winds today oh joy.NE Ohio crappie action. If I were to get out today Id find a shallow bay on a western shoreline and tuck in out of this crazy wind. If anyone makes it out today best of luck don’t let some tree fall on ya out in this wind!

Likes bprice1031, NICKWATSON13, Bigeyurk25 LIKED above post

Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast