HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manual spot lock???

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Nutbrush for making this go off your original topic.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbush View Post
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I am going to ask it anyway. Has anyone come up with a way to install a spot lock feature on the regular foot controlled trolling motors? If not, maybe Mr. Rickie could put his genius to work on this for us??
    That idea would best be envisioned by cane pole ... He's the genius in circuitry ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

2× cane pole! If it can be done he can do it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    Sounds like you may need to adjust your "boat scale" setting if you are having trouble with it not holding you close to your spot. You can change this setting with your remote. Default is 0... but can be adjusted up or down depending on your boat size. Settings are -1 -2 0 +1 +2. If it drifts off the spot and has to ramp up to a high speed to get back.... you may need to increase the setting. If it keeps over shooting your spot... then backs up too much... then over shoots again...... then you need to decrease your setting.

Also spot lock in very calm, light wind conditions are the hardest to hold a spot lock in. Having some breeze works much better.
    Excellent comments and the scale change I made did make a huge difference. Even though it does not hold as tight as advertised at least now it does not pitch you out of the boat when it is trying to recover. I also recognize the issue of wind, or no wind. I also have gotten good at inching to the spot slowly prior to hitting spot lock. I will continue to research other options. Thanks for the comments.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Then I would assume that you're going to send it back for service. I have had to send my gen 1 back twice in 2 years.....and while I certainly do not like the spot lock I have nothing but good to say about Minn Kota service. While I am unhappy with the spot lock part of it is that my boat is way too small for an 80# motor. It is only 14.5 feet long with 54 inch bottom. I really like the feature on the gen 2 models that allow you to adjust correction speed to size of boat.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Good comments and I second the issue that Minn Kota service has tried to fix my issue. I am on my third control head and second remote and have spent lots of time on the phone while on the water trying to figure this out. Thanks for your thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    Sorry Nutbrush for making this go off your original topic.
    Oh it's ok. I knew as soon as I pressed send that I would get some off the wall posts. I was expecting more anchor posts actually. Shoot we didn't pay for the boat what it would cost to buy one of them spot lock thingies. I will just have to find me another window weight I guess.
    Likes akaslyguy LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12