Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still catching crappie up shallow?

Post Thanks / Like

I caught some not long along in 7 to 8 feet of water under a dock.

Post Thanks / Like

I have pulled crankbaits 3 times since 5/25. Each time ive started in 25 fow looking for bait, following bait to the back of the creek. Being this is my second year crappie fishing, i found it odd finding fish in the same area/depth that i did in feb/march. Based on advice i have been given from others, i didnt know if this was normal for this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jd52 View Post
    I have pulled crankbaits 3 times since 5/25. Each time ive started in 25 fow looking for bait, following bait to the back of the creek. Being this is my second year crappie fishing, i found it odd finding fish in the same area/depth that i did in feb/march. Based on advice i have been given from others, i didnt know if this was normal for this time of year.
    you are actually answering your own question !!!! following the bait, that is what the crappie will do all the time !!! congrats on catching them pulling cranks !!!!

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"
    Likes BigDawgg, STUMP HUNTER, mac crappie, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Don't have too many SC guys pulling cranks. Good to hear it works. I would think you'd pick up some Spotted Bass as well in Russell.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by micorps View Post
    Lol i know mark, after reviewing footage from yesterday, i realized i cant use it without pinpointing my spots for everyone viewing, i think i will just hold onto that. Havent reviewed today's, but there were quite a few over a pound and half. to dang hot with out bimimi top lol. I was soaked in sweat this morning by 8 am.
    We can go on my boat. It's got a Bimini.
    May the Lord bless you and keep you.
    May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you.
    May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.
    Numbers 6:24-26

Post Thanks / Like

A few here and there. My boys love catching, so they dont mind. I typically move from an area if i catch too many. Especially if there arent any crappie.
    I have been super impressed with crankbaits. It took a few times, and about 7 or 8 lost crankbaits to figure it out.
    Likes BigDawgg, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

A few here and there. My boys love catching, so they dont mind. I typically move from an area if i catch too many. Especially if there arent any crappie.
    I have been super impressed with crankbaits. It took a few times, and about 7 or 8 lost crankbaits to figure it out.
    I will say you are doing dang good if all you have lost are 7 to 8 crankbaits, heck I lost that many the 1st time pulling them dayum things I learned real quick it ain't for me !!! sold the rest of the cranksbaits I had and linecounter reels and went back to longlining and ain't looked back!!!
    congrats on you and your boys getting out and catching them pulling cranks that's awesome !!!!

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I haven't gotten that bug yet! I know I'd be broke trying to keep'em in stock on the boat.
    Keep at it and you have those boys being professionals before long.
    Likes micorps LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Mr strmwalker,

I switched to cranks because once april rolls around I can't catch crappie with regular long line tactics. Switched to 1/8th ounce heads, even put a weight above jig, still can't get to them. I stopped losing cranks when I switched to 200s and 220s.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr strmwalker,

I switched to cranks because once april rolls around I can't catch crappie with regular long line tactics. Switched to 1/8th ounce heads, even put a weight above jig, still can't get to them. I stopped losing cranks when I switched to 200s and 220s.
    Agree with the 200's cranks on Russell. Give the 100's a try on your outside rods sometime if you find some on sale.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast