HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inconsiderate boat operators--how should they be dealt with?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we all have a story to tell. The St Johns River near me is just nuts on the weekends. I have had to go as early as I can, trying to be launched and waiting for the sun to arrive. Time to go is when those going by ignore the no wake rule where I sometimes fish, or when the armada of jet ski's comes by to visit. Somewhere around 10am I'm generally ready for the trailer and let em have it.

As far as where's the proof? I think you would be ahead of the game if you ran a go pro attached to the top center of the windshield that started when you left and off when you return. It just might save your bacon one day if things ever went bad, God forbid. I have had one on the windshield of the truck I drive every day for the past 3 years. They are respected evidence in court proceedings.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Redge, Dave and Lynn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Skeet, the go pros are a great idea, but not everybody can afford those things. What about cell phone videos, if you see an unsafe act on the water, or about to be buzzed.....is that good evidence? Everybody has a cell phone these days. I'm thinking about trying that.
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing happening on the interstate. I was wondering the other day if Mississippi had abolished the speed limit!

Post Thanks / Like

Bless your heart Spaceman.It's wonderful to hear of good deeds.....
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by broharrell View Post
    Same thing happening on the interstate. I was wondering the other day if Mississippi had abolished the speed limit!
    I am from MS. Must of been Louisiana drivers passing through
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Somewhere over the past few years our society has lost complete control of how to treat others. Lots of participants in a narcissistic society that simply don't care how their actions are perceived. People just don't care about each other like they used to. I ride a motorcycle AND fish from a kayak so I have more stories than yall have time for. As others have mentioned, just take the higher road and realize that we all reap what we sow. I will say however that if I have britches on I do have a firearm on my person. Doing so carries a ton of responsibility but we live in a troubled world. Stats prove that a very high percentage of gun owners will never have to present their weapon let alone use it toward another human. Most will never need a pfd either but its a great habit to wear one. Better to be safe than sorry. My opinions of course. Be safe out there and just laugh at them whenever possible.
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Wear that PFD, the life you save might be your own!!
    Likes Redge, RMGeorge, kycreek, Snagged again LIKED above post
    Thanks captcall thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the answer although I do like the Go Pro idea. However one thing I don't believe is an answer is pulling a gun on the guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Retrieve View Post
    I don't have the answer although I do like the Go Pro idea. However one thing I don't believe is an answer is pulling a gun on the guy.
    To be clear concerning my response, if you ever get put in a position to pull a gun on anyone it better be because your life is being threatened. One major responsibility of carrying a firearm is having the discipline and knowledge to know when deadly force is justified.
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Wear that PFD, the life you save might be your own!!
    Thanks captcall thanked you for this post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Call the Game Wardens , heard tickets wrote for such nonsense this year on some local lakes .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I fish out of a 1542 flat and also hate when people go zinging by within 100 feet of me. Even in my little boat I always slow to no wake when approaching anyone, always make eye contact and wave, and usually start up a quick conversation (unless I can tell the person just wants to be left alone - which ends with the wave/head-nod). I am 43 and I feel like most my age and older around these parts live life this way. Seems to be the wealthier 30-somethings need some type of tune-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast