Thread: Shoot the bull thread

Post Thanks / Like

New Orleans, Louisiana. May 11, 2017:

Name:  Jefferson Davis down.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  96.7 KB
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

History going down the drain. One day we will wake up and we won't have history books anymore. Shame for sure. JMO...........
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

“The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became the truth.”

― George Orwell, 1984
    Randy Andres
    Likes RMGeorge, shadow LIKED above post
    Thanks RetiredRR thanked you for this post

RMGeorge is offline Louisiana Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredRR View Post
    History going down the drain. One day we will wake up and we won't have history books anymore. Shame for sure. JMO...........

Oh, we'll have history books...full of lies.
    Proud member of Team Geezer!

The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of our God shall stand forever.
    Thanks RetiredRR thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    Actually it dates back several centuries. The French had established an active trade with Mexico. One of their creations was mayonaise, which the Mexicans grew very fond of and traded their native Agave, used to make Tequila. Because of the primitive travel in those days it was only possible for the French to deliver one shipload of mayonaise a year. One year in late April a ship embarked from France carrying the next years supply to the Mexicans, who eagerly awaited it's arrival.
    Unfortunately the ship encountered a bad storm and on May 5 it was lost at sea.
    The Mexicans were so devastated by the loss the government declared a day of mourning to occur on May 5. It became a national holiday in Mexico, commentating the "Cinco de Mayo."

hahahahahahaha, that was hilarious
    Retired golf addict

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMGeorge View Post

Facts become fiction and you are right.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMGeorge View Post

We have had that anyway for a long long time. They were that way when i was in school. None of them told the truth about the real reason for the civil war.....i had to learn that by reading other books.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by "G"; 05-13-2017 at 07:41 AM.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes shadow LIKED above post
    Thanks prefers shiners thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker123 View Post
    I like that Danny, nice idea. I'll try my best remain civil. I'll keep my opinions to a minimum.

I keep thinking about Ray's post on the main forum about organizing hooks, snap swivels, etc. with safety pins. Excellent idea in my opinion, the man must be an engineer. Winn Dixie didn't have any and I refuse to go to Walmart, I'll find them somewhere. Reminds of buying women's hair clips not long ago for my drop shot rigs to keep everything contained when moving about. Got them at Winn Dixie. I was examining them closely for the correct size, spring action, etc. A women was standing next to me while I was doing that and kept looking at me. I turned to her and ask if she thought if they were available in maroon. No telling what she thought of me.
    Y'all got Dollar Generals, or Dollar Tree. stores in your neck o the woods? Give them a try Tracker. Ours has safety pins up here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
    I love a bull sheet page!! Another forum I frequent has one that runs like 6-10 paGES a day and they start it over every 1000 entrys to keep it from getting unwieldly. I alwAYS READ IT WITH MY MORNING coffee.(lol hadda move my lap top to the left some to quit hitting the cap loc every time I tapped theA.)

When I was a kid running bare foot on the bayou bank I wore a pair of overall short pants......period........ My grandpa recomended them as an outer garment cause fo all the handy pockets, and straps. On the straps I had a diaper pin of brim, sac au lait, and cat fish hooks pinned to the straps along with a string of split weights in a pocket. I always had a few flies stuck in a strap, and some corks in a pocket, and a roll of 8 lb leader. Armed with that and a fly rod I ws ready to face the day. I remember picking moss to put on the hot aluminum bow of an ole aluminum bateau.

And that is much to do about nuffin.
    I think Jerry Jeff wrote a song 'bout you called "On the Banks of the Ole Bandera". You be an icon!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Jefferson Davis.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  80.1 KB

Need to stop fooling around, rib eyes are done, fresh maters need to be cut. Yours truly saw that Monsters University is on the television this evening from what I read in the newspaper tonight, have to adjust the antenna. Laughed out loud when I saw it a year ago. Told Ann that I would sure enjoy a pound cake this evening - oh well, guess it's not going to happen.
    Randy Andres