Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moving to Orlando

I got a great job offer from Disney so I packing for Orlando. I won't be able to take my boat so I will be shore bound for a while. I am looking forward to do some wading at mosquito lagoon but I don't have a clue on where I can fish from the bank in Orlando. Does anybody have a recommendation. I am primarily a crappie guy but I also like to catch big bluegills. I have even caught bass as large as 8 pounds on my ultra lite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Canaveral national seashore and Merritt Island wildlife refuge will be where you need to start searching places to wade the lagoon. Pretty good surf fishing as well. Be very careful where you buy in Orlando and read every single word of any HOA it may fall under. Good luck on your move and post up any direct questions you may have as well as fishing reports.

Post Thanks / Like

Why cant ya bring your boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on where you are living and what's close. Traffic is horrible, lived there for 12 years.
    If you haven't bought yet let me know. I still have access to the mls there. As huntinslab said, watch the HOA there
    I can give you some pointers on areas, traffic etc

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips. My wife is staying in Nebraska until I get settled in to the job. We want to make sure things work out before we sell our house. We will take a good look around but so far we're thinking Cleremont or Winter Garden.

Post Thanks / Like

I may be in an apartment for a while so leaving the boat at home

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcostanzo View Post
    Thanks for the tips. My wife is staying in Nebraska until I get settled in to the job. We want to make sure things work out before we sell our house. We will take a good look around but so far we're thinking Cleremont or Winter Garden.
    I would carefully look around at what you want to do when not working and what you want to live by. Many great places to live within reasonable commute. Working in Disney the toll roads will be your friend. Oviedo will put you close to Mosquito lagoon/Cape Canaveral and close to river system with easy access to 417 for a direct shot to Disney. Lakeland area would be closer to Gulf and St. Pete area. Wise choice to rent for a while until you decide where you would like to live. Once here pay attention to news feeds and you will soon be able to map out bad areas. Disney pays the national media to squash bad news to not ruin the magical impression of Orlando. You will never see Orange County on the show Cops. Any place you think you might be interested to live take a ride through close to dark and check it out as well as weekends. Hope I am not making it sound horrible as the living here is very nice but due diligence will be necessary, especially in center of state.
    Likes fishin813, skeetbum, reeltrick, Yelim LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again Huntinslabs, I did some work in Tampa a couple of years ago and we drove to Orlando and looked around a little bit. We saw some of what you described, I do appreciate you giving a solid heads up. Your advice could help us make a safe decision on where to live.
    Do you ever go to Uncle Kenny's BBQ in Cleremont?

Post Thanks / Like

No sir, I go to Cleremont only for work reasons. Speaking of which, I have worked all over Central Florida and can help you with many areas. Shoot me a pm if any areas seem to interest you in particular.
    Likes fishin813 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Take huntinslabs advice - he can help you a lot - especially if you would also like to bring boat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast