Yesterday I went to Blue Creek after work to waterbed map the areas I could fish. Oddly enough the deepest spot in the area I was fishing was 10 feet. Anyway, lots of structure, humps and fish. So I took a vacation day today. Got there at 6:38 a.m. and walked to the hole I wanted to fish. It's about a 15 minute walk so my line was in the water at sunrise. First lure was a Zora Spook, nothing. Then a spinnerbait, nothing. I rigged up a minnow on a bobber and threw it out, nothing. So I start thinking what now. Crankbait, nothing. Then I got into my swimbaits. Pulled out a 1/8th oz Zman Chatter bait swimbait, first cast, sandbass. Okay, here I go. Started cutting up the water and working the lure in specific areas of the water column. Plenty of sandbass. Probably caught 20 dinks. Not what I'm there for. Caught 5 small largemouths. Not what I'm there for. So I change the swimbait out to a moglo 2" plastic sexy shad. By now I'm traversing 30 degree shale, rock, sand and mud slopes trying to find what I came for. I get about 100 yards down the east bank and come to an intersection where two slues adjoin to the hole I'm fishing. There is a giant tree overhanging the bank. It's right at 8 a.m. now so the tree is casting a long shadow over part of the intersection. I cast. Retrieving high in the water column. A hit! Pull in my first crappie. Rigged up my jigs and minnows and sat in that spot until 1 p.m. and the bite finally quit. Caught right at 30 off the same pile fishing at 4 feet deep and they equally hit the jigs and minnows. Only kept 5 cause most were to small for me. Spent the rest of day searching for other piles. Found another right at dark but I still had to load up and walk back to the car. I was all alone in nature from sun up to sun down before another guy showed up trying to bow hunt gar. Today was a good day.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk