Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to side imaging?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the stryker 7sv and bought from gps nation from cali. The prices are all the same but you don't have to pay tax. They also offer an extended warranty for next to nothing that includes even the transducer if you break it. If you buy from them the give you bucks that you can use at the store which gave me enough to buy the cover for around 8 dollars with free shipping...

whatever you decide though.....make sure you are buying the newer models with chirp...ex. the 73sv and the 93sv....the old ones without chirp are the ones you will find on sale....read up on the difference of the chirp...it makes a big difference.
    Likes TimY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by callmecamo View Post
    Found another excellent deal on a Striker 7SV. After doing my research, the only differences are size, SD card capability and LakeVu contour maps. Smaller size is not an issue for me but I've never had a nice GPS unit on my boat before so I'm unsure how much I would use the contour maps. SD card slot would be very nice for when I eventually upgrade but not a deal killer for the price difference. Do you all have any opinions here on these two features?
    I bought the striker 7 cv with chirp for the front of the boat because they said the only difference was lake maps and didn't need sideview up front. I can tell you the sonar and downscan on the striker series is not even close to the echomap 73sv and 93sv. I am selling my striker cv and already ordered a echomap 73cv with chirp to replace it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimY View Post
    I bought the striker 7 cv with chirp for the front of the boat because they said the only difference was lake maps and didn't need sideview up front. I can tell you the sonar and downscan on the striker series is not even close to the echomap 73sv and 93sv. I am selling my striker cv and already ordered a echomap 73cv with chirp to replace it.
    Now that is some surprising information. Thanks TimY.

Post Thanks / Like

wow....good to know....it has worked really well for me but I have not seen or used the new 73 or 93.....again...you get what you pay for and I went for the 499 asking price of the stryker.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is an example of the striker vs echomap sonar. I have called Garmin and had them on the phone trying to get it to scan like the 93sv. You can look at the sonar in the upper right hand corner on the 93sv and compare it to the striker set on sonar in the bottom photo it doesn't take long to see you get what you pay for. They are both chirp sonars.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure what is wrong....my striker shows up like the top image......better send it back or get it looked at.

Post Thanks / Like

is your image while you are moving?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes about .02 to .04 so really slow. I told Garmin it wasn't right when I talked to them. Hasn't been right since I bought it. Went back and set on factory settings and the same thing so I will send it in. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I read this string until I was convinced to buy side and down imaging even though in the past I thought I did not need it. Ordered the echo 7 sv this morning. Apparently reading crappie.com can cause billfold hemorrhaging .
    Likes Redge, TimY LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie wrangler View Post
    I read this string until I was convinced to buy side and down imaging even though in the past I thought I did not need it. Ordered the echo 7 sv this morning. Apparently reading crappie.com can cause billfold hemorrhaging .
    Boy you got that right, hemorraging!'
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast