Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anglers Port no longer a Ranger dealer??

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerCrappie View Post
    yup, they did and Stratos bought Champion also..remember those champions with stratos badging when they first bought them?
    Phoenix, Charger, basscat are the only privately owned companies anymore.
    BassCat is now part of Yarcraft boats. Not privately held anymore.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

985 - Recon Boats
    These are still privately made just no dealership within 8 hours ��

Post Thanks / Like

Well these glass boat companies are going to price themselves out eventually no matter who owns them....John Cox won the FLW Cup from a Crestliner PT20 aluminium rig which still carries a heavy price tag but nothing like a 70k plus Ranger or Bass Cat. Paying that much money doesn't necessarily put fish in the live well.
    "In my father's house are many mansions..." John 14:2
    Likes CrappieHead, brucec LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Lil Baby;3283957]Well these glass boat companies are going to price themselves out eventually no matter who owns them....John Cox won the FLW Cup from a Crestliner PT20 aluminium rig which still carries a heavy price tag but nothing like a 70k plus Ranger or Bass Cat. Paying that much money doesn't necessarily put fish in the live well.[/QUOTE

pretty crazy what they are asking for a brand new glass boat these days!
    Smile, it kills time between disasters!
    Likes CrappieHead LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Baby View Post
    Well these glass boat companies are going to price themselves out eventually no matter who owns them....John Cox won the FLW Cup from a Crestliner PT20 aluminum rig which still carries a heavy price tag but nothing like a 70k plus Ranger or Bass Cat. Paying that much money doesn't necessarily put fish in the live well.
    Top end aluminum boat can run $40k but cheaper than 70k for a glass boat. With all the lakes I fish with rocky banks the aluminum boat was the only way to go.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Well these glass boat companies are going to price themselves out eventually no matter who owns them....John Cox won the FLW Cup from a Crestliner PT20 aluminum rig which still carries a heavy price tag but nothing like a 70k plus Ranger or Bass Cat. Paying that much money doesn't necessarily put fish in the live well.
    Top end aluminum boat can run $40k but cheaper than 70k for a glass boat. With all the lakes I fish with rocky banks the aluminum boat was the only way to go.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Well these glass boat companies are going to price themselves out eventually no matter who owns them....John Cox won the FLW Cup from a Crestliner PT20 aluminium rig which still carries a heavy price tag but nothing like a 70k plus Ranger or Bass Cat. Paying that much money doesn't necessarily put fish in the live well.
    I've owned several boats. Not one ever caught a fish.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

be interesting to see if they gut the quality out of Ranger boats as they try to recoup their investment and competition dwindles for a smaller market

Post Thanks / Like

a good boat sure helps me stay on the water longer, focus more and fish better..but nope they don't catch much if you don't do your part

Post Thanks / Like

It's just the new world order. The principle people in 98 percent of companies now are investment bankers, no matter what title they go by. And that is pretty much in every industry these days. The recession took the starch out of a lot of industries. As long as they can sell enough of the highest end boats they will focus on that....same thing in the truck industry. Remember when you could go on a truck lot and buy a little Ford ranger with straight shift and four cylinder? Now nobody thinks they are worth having and with interest low and loans long it supports the high end market. Why sell one truck for 15,000 at 20 percent profit when you can sell one truck for 45,000 at 24 percent profit( just hypothetical numbers),takes basically the same amount of time to sell one as the other and takes up about the same lot space. When I was a young man working in my fathers business we had a 1 ton dual wheel truck to pull our backhoe with. Not many people had them then except people who needed them.Now we have women using them to drop kids off at daycare and drive to the office.

They will make cheaper stuff when people quit buying the high end stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12