Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: This rain is unbelievable right now

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I know your wore out Danny.....y'all have really made good progress......prayers are with y'all
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Danny,
    I am truly saddened by the news of your flooding. I cannot comprehend what it must be like as I have never experienced it.
    I am sincere when I say that if you need anything please send me a PM or post it on the site.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. Hang on Randy, more rain coming the next few days.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes Tracker123 LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just seen this. Missed seeing them do this today. Glad to see my girl smiling. We haven't had time to smile much. That is in front of her house. The pile grew larger all day. As far as you can see houses look like this. Will post more pics tomorrow, too tired tonight.
    Name:  flood 1.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  46.0 KB

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Prayin' everything works out for the good. Sorry to hear about all the terrible damage. Hang in there.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes prefers shiners, "D", Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I heard most of the schools in their parish were devastated and heard at least 90% of the people affected, most of them bad. My great nephew, a state trooper, who worked NOLA after Katrina said it looks the same. I did not have the heart to go after Katrina. Very sad situation.They totaled both vehicles today and are supposed to come get them and issue checks tomorrow. The contractor who was supposed to show 48 hours ago, still has not. The piles are getting so bad, beginning to be hard to drive around. Looks like we saved all the cabinet tops today and both refrigs. Everything to be ripped out is done. Most trash outside, now how to clean the concrete and remove the smell. We have chemicals to spray and treat for mold. Gonna be a couple more busy days, then will be waiting.
    Name:  fd3.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  50.5 KBName:  fd4.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  67.8 KBName:  fd5.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  48.1 KBName:  fd6.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  52.1 KBName:  fd7.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  88.3 KBName:  fd8.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  64.6 KB
    Last edited by "D"; 08-18-2016 at 05:44 PM.

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised the water came down so fast over there - not here. Very slow fall, at least it is falling somewhat. Still paddling back and forth:

Name:  Ann in pirouge.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  63.1 KB

That girl right there is a trooper from the word go, and knows what it is all about. The reason why she is my best friend.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Hey D, how in the world are they going to replace the OSB on the exterior of those walls. Cant leave it, will just rot in no time. And you cant dry it out and maintain strength. Make sure your daughter asks the adjuster that. Really should pull the brick down to repair. Not trying to make a horrible situation worse but dont want your daughter getting a half hearted repair to save budget, creating more problems in future.
    Likes dmorgan22 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell from the pictures but I would think there is Expanded Polystyrene Foam Board Insulation between the brick and studs. I do know there are different types when it comes moisture. But your right I'd check into it regardless what's there.
    Ephesians 1:13

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what OSB is. If that is the fake plywood, it's supposed to be okay, the interior wall is open against it. We are doing what every one else is. Will be a long time before rebuilding . We will do what we need to do. We did have a contractor give us some instructions and several video's are on FB. We will probably have to remove the front entrance stucco. What adjuster? No flood insurance. Hardly anyone around them had it. This was the highest ever recorded flood. We are winging it like everyone else. We gonna let it dry for a while.Then retreat the studs and wall with sporicide and termite treatment. That is kind of the plan we are on. This will be finished sometime next year probably.

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast