Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greenbrook lake in Southaven ms.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greenbrook lake in Southaven ms.

This lake is at Airways and Stateline road. Up until 2 weeks ago I have been seeing people using the boat ramp that is between the city park and golf course. This is city owned property. The lake is about 40 acres. There are about 25 houses on 1 side of the lake that are waterfront. The dam has got to be city maintaied because it is part of the flood control for the area. The water is from storm drain run off.City owned. Someone has put posted signs at the boat ramp and on a pole 20ft from shore. When I saw the signs I had to stop and look. These signs are the ones you can buy at most stores. Nothing official like the signs put out by the city stateing park hrs and such 200ft away.
    I was bummed out because this going be my "spot" for the new pond prowler I ordered the week before the signs went up.
    Well I got to checking and lookng thru goggle and found old post of people saying that it was private years ago.I looked thru goggle maps and found that the area where the park is was houses at one time. Someone posted that you had to have permission from a home owner in the subdivision.
    This all sounds like b/s to me. Since the sign is a for sale to anyone item and on the bottom where it say's name and address someone wrote in a black sharpie "Desoto Co. Sherriffs dept" It looks like one of those " Don't fish in front of my dock deals like you see on you tube. I searched for a HOA for the greenbook subdivision and found nothing. I searched for homes for sale in the area and there is no mention of fees or lake privilages. So the best I can come up with is this lake belongs to the 25 or so home owners.
    This area has a lot of growth at this time. The houses are at least 30 yrs old. My lot for my house about 4 miles away and not in a commerical area was $35,000 for 1/8 of a acre 15yrs go.. The 40 acre lake has got to have a property value of at least 1.5 millon easy. I wonder who is paying tax on this. Since the homes on 1 side of the lake claim prperty rights all the way across the lake the people on the other 3 sides do not even have access.
    The people that live across the street from these owners would have to drive to the city park for access and park on city property.
    I have sent e-mails to the city and Desoto co to see if they have any idea who owns what. It was my undersanding that property rights end at the shore line unless you own all of the way around the lake.
    Likes feeshrman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the north side by the public park off stateline this spring. There are no signs that say no fishing on that side an several trails that lead to the lake. Drove back to the levee on south end and parked by that again, public park back there and walked down to the levee and there was a couple cheap signs that say No Fishing and that's it. So we didn't fish it, I think it's a public lake as long as your own city property and not private owned property. To many people get territorial about things like lakes, docks and fish.. Lol. Let me know what you find out, I'm guessing it's a geezer with nothing better to do than raise a fuss . If they caught a citizen placing a sign and writing in Desoto County Sherrifs Dept. in permanent marker than that should be impersonating an officer of the law and consider an offense. Funny thing is , most the times the people who don't want other fishing a lake like this don't even fish themselves, it boggles the mind I tell ya

Post Thanks / Like

I sure don't think I would eat any fish out of there if I COULD fish it!
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown
    Likes Snubby LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ha.. dunno why not. Got all the Styrofoam, chicken bones, Newport butts and general city trash any fish can live healthy on, and let's not forget the washed out beer and liquor bottles now Greenbrook lake in Southaven ms. Greenbrook lake in Southaven ms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Likes armyman, downsouth LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The lake belongs to the home owners. They have an association that paid for and maintains the dam/spillway. It is private property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536
    Likes Snubby, Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks feelay for clearing that up. A mutual friend of mine said his dad used to take him fishing there 20 plus years ago bank fishing and with no hassles. Of course Southaven has changed a lot since then.. no honor system left in this world within urban areas. I figure the trash is why they don't welcome fishermen now. Man city living is great within a progressive modern society like we have ain't it Greenbrook lake in Southaven ms. Greenbrook lake in Southaven ms. Greenbrook lake in Southaven ms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Things could have possibly changed, but I haven't heard. I used to know several people who lived there and were involved with the lake association. All of them have since moved on. It's definitely not the same small town I grew up in. I liked it better when Goodman and stateline east were gravel.

Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536
    Likes windstone LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Pantera.... Check out the lakes in Central Park. They are public.

Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

My house backs up to Central park. The lakes are about 200yds from my back door. I saw 1 yak in the bigger of the 2 lakes. Never seen a fish come out of either lake. They must be there because there are always people sitting on buckets fishin. A lot of fishing pressure and a lot of tennessee tags.
    The lakes in Central Park hardly have any trash in or around them. I guess the city keeps it clean or the people that use it keep it clean because they are allowed to use it. I guess putting up a sign restricting people and the fact that the trash cans in Greenbrook Park are overflowing every weekend all of the loose trash blows into the lake and the signs say no tresspassing so nobody including the city are going to pick up anything along the shore line in the park. It' sad but true.
    Some people might even throw chicken bones and beer cans in the lake bcause of that.

Post Thanks / Like

A coworker use to live on the lake. His house was in the airport buy out many years ago. He had to pay into the lake association.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast