Thread: Enroute to sc with boat

Post Thanks / Like

welcome home and thanks for your service
    Fish tremble at the sound of my name

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    What part you moving to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i will be stationed at shaw afb, hoping for a rental around camden, i will see what is available soon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigDawgg View Post
    Glad your finally heading our way. Be glad to meet you once your settled in. Keep us posted when your ready to fish and we'll see if we can set something up.
    cant wait to get out, hoping to get the boat all legit asap and will definitely take you up on the offer. Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Inkdabber View Post
    Safe travels, we welcome you to our little part of paradise of this great country.
    thank you ink, hope there will be a seat available one of these days
    Likes Inkdabber LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by micorps View Post
    i will be stationed at shaw afb, hoping for a rental around camden, i will see what is available soon
    If you rent in Sumter you are about 30 minutes from the Sparkleberry Swamp in the upper Santee Cooper lakes. Not a prettier place on earth or a better one to fish. Plus, it's pushing 100 degrees here most days and that part of the lake is flooded cypress swamp which equates to SHADE.
    Camden is close to Lake Wateree but I'm partial to Santee.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes Inkdabber, BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    If you rent in Sumter you are about 30 minutes from the Sparkleberry Swamp in the upper Santee Cooper lakes. Not a prettier place on earth or a better one to fish. Plus, it's pushing 100 degrees here most days and that part of the lake is flooded cypress swamp which equates to SHADE.
    Camden is close to Lake Wateree but I'm partial to Santee.
    Thank you for the advice sea ray. Im finding nice places near sumter which means short drive to work and located between santee and wateree. I plan on renting a year and should know by then if i want to stay in sc and buy a place when i retire in 4 years
    Likes BigDawgg, SeaRay LIKED above post

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I LOVE seeing those pictures you posted of your Mn fishing. It's nice seeing all you folks in sweaters and coats especially with the 100* heat we're having here. Whew!

And Ray...I believe the heat has gotten to you brother!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    Believe it or not we do have Muskie here, just not many. Had I not seen the picture with DNR verification I would not have believed it. I think it was caught in the Broad River, which also has a healthy population of Smallmouth Bass.

Ive fished here all my life and have yet to even SEE a muskie or smallie around here....much less actually catch one! More likely a gar and carp. Ha! he he he

Welcome back to the states and thanks for your service brother. Wow! Retiring in only 4 more years........at 38 years old! You certainly used your head right. Congrats. I hope you enjoy the southern hospitality here. We're all pretty much layed back and enjoy our hobbies here. I think you'll find that down south we only work to live (unlike alot of the Northerners that live to work).
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    Wow! I LOVE seeing those pictures you posted of your Mn fishing. It's nice seeing all you folks in sweaters and coats especially with the 100* heat we're having here. Whew!

And Ray...I believe the heat has gotten to you brother!!

Ive fished here all my life and have yet to even SEE a muskie or smallie around here....much less actually catch one! More likely a gar and carp. Ha! he he he
    Oh yee of little faith:

Huge muskie surprises Broad River bass fisherman on kayak float - South Carolina Sportsman News Breaker, SC

Greer man lands trophy smallmouth bass on chilly Broad River
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

"Ive fished here all my life and have yet to even SEE a muskie or smallie around here....much less actually catch one!"

I too, can attest to the Musky catch in the Broad river. I also have heard, and have actually seen small mouth caught in the Broad, and Congaree rivers. A couple of brownies were caught just below my house on the Congaree earlier this year.
    Professional Crappie Removal
    Safe and ethical
    One rod, one jig, one fish at a time.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, well, well...........Ive been wrong before and it apparently appears that I am wrong again. Thanks for those posts...first Ive ever seen of them before. I was thinking "my" Broad when I first read the post but regardless I never thought a muskie would ever been in our warm waters. Those smallies have always looked like GREAT table fare and I'd LOVE catching a couple to try out one of these days. But like I said....never seen either caught around where I fish. They say we have had a few walleye in Lake Hartwell and Ive talked with a few folks that have said that years ago they used to catch them but I havent heard of any caught lately either.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast