HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: someone asked me ....so here are THE FLOATS i like

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apersohn17 View Post
    Can you elaborate a bit on why you don't like the weighted bobbers? Why are they no good?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Not sure who you're asking, but for me .... I don't care for weighted floats with a single jig below, because a lift bite is hard to detect with that setup.

That being said ... I wouldn't say they were "no good", because they do have a time/place/reason to be used.

Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised that no one uses the old porcupine quills any more. Back about 40+ years ago that was the thing to use when crappie fishing. I have not seen any in stores for years now.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    I am surprised that no one uses the old porcupine quills any more. Back about 40+ years ago that was the thing to use when crappie fishing. I have not seen any in stores for years now.
    In post #14, the green floats (second from top) are all peacock quills. I use them the most.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some weighted floats 1 time and they were not made correctly, every one of them sank with nothing on them. Could've used them for sinkers I guess.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with D b4 Disco..got a box of those Thill waggler's. they make a lot of sizes..get them weighted right and they flat out work...only down side, some what fragile..gotta take care of 'em..lift bites are no problem 5

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't the spring cut into the line? I have never used them but obviously they work, I was afraid they would pinch the line and cut it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Not sure who you're asking, but for me .... I don't care for weighted floats with a single jig below, because a lift bite is hard to detect with that setup.

That being said ... I wouldn't say they were "no good", because they do have a time/place/reason to be used.
    Well, I saw the original poster said he doesn't like the weighted ones and I'm trying to figure out why. I like them because I can cast farther. Is it because they don't show light bites as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apersohn17 View Post
    Well, I saw the original poster said he doesn't like the weighted ones and I'm trying to figure out why. I like them because I can cast farther. Is it because they don't show light bites as well?

If balanced correctly, a heavy float will show bites as well as a light float.
    Likes Cane Pole, chaunc, zig zag LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sooooooooooooooo
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the read buddy, and I'm with you. I use all kinds of floats and all work at times. You have to pick the right tools for the job. Unweighted floats work best most of the time. There are times when a weighted float is better but I use unweighted most of the time. You are a very good float fishermen and there's a lot of good advice in your post thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Likes zig zag LIKED above post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast