Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2/2/16 Report

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2/2/16 Report

I started at daylight with HEAVY fog and had to navigate strictly by GPS (which is something that scares me and I dont like it). Anyway, rode for 15 minutes at idle speed getting to my first spot and nadda....nothing happening. Good part was that after fishing there maybe 30 minutes the fog had lifted in that area so I thought all was well everywhere. WRONG! When I came out of that creek it was still blanketed with fog so thick I couldnt hardly tell where I was going. With no bank visible and nothing but gray I was again relying solely on electronics. Arg! For another long idling boat ride (atleast 15 minutes) I felt like I was constantly turning right but actually I was going straight.) Anyway, finding water again trash-free I decided to drop lines and see if anything would bite while waiting for the fog to lift. It was slow but started picking one up every now and then. I stayed at it for awhile and eventually the sun started burning the fog off so I headed back towards the way I came. Still picking one up every once in awhile. By the time I trolled back to the trashline the fog was almost gone and the breeze that blew had removed the trash so fishing was still possible.

Instead of packing it in I continued fishing. I started picking up a few more fish so I just kept trolling. Well, at 12:30PM I decided to quit as I hadnt did anything but fish since I was off work. Todays weather was VERY FOGGY but the temps were nice and the wind was non-existant for the most part. Caught alot of fish...total was 41 crappie but the problem was most were small. I only had 1 fish over the 8"-10" average size I was catching. Well, didnt really matter since I had caught those big fish the day before. Late in the morning I did decide to keep me a few to eat off the bone.

Nothing picture worthy today guys. Trip was fun as usual and cant wait to do it again.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I'm glad that you didn't get ran over in the fog. That's always scary to me. And.....It's always fun catching fish, even if you have to cull. Cause when the rod first bends back there's always the thought that this one might be a 3 pounder! 2/2/16 Report 2/2/16 Report

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good catch at the end even with smaller fish. Enjoyed your report, never know what's about to come out of that fog when it is that thick. :Thumbsup
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Man venturing out in that fog is something else. I'm like you when it's like that. I follow the GPS but it always feels like I'm making a big circle.

Post Thanks / Like

Fog is bad, my father and I were fishing a bass tournament out of Hickory Knob with thick fog and I was just trying to idle straight across to a spot that I like. Well, after the third right hand 360 where we ended up at the mouth of the creek at the ramp, we gave up and just started fishing until the fog burned off. The kicker was that I would sit in the front of the boat to make sure he was keeping the motor straight......didn't work.
    You can't catch fish from the couch.
    Likes FishnLine LIKED above post

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a pic of the fog finallyn lifting.

Here's another pic of the fish I brought home. Uh, I'm gonna be off-line for a little bit!

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
    Likes Thumper1, Eatmorecrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

THANK'S FOR THE REPORT GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD DAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    Here's a pic of the fog finallyn lifting.

Here's another pic of the fish I brought home. Uh, I'm gonna be off-line for a little bit!

I sat by the phone all afternoon waiting on my invite and it never came! Good report GBM. I've been on a diet for the last six weeks and that picture has me slobbering on my iPad!

Post Thanks / Like

That looks lip smacking good!! ummm ummm.

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a good day in any body's book. I sat here and watched the fog here this morning and the wind blowing 15 to 20. Tomorrow is supposed to be a good day but foggy in the morning with light winds. May give it a shot after dinner and I am going somewhere Friday. Gonna miss these warm days as it is going to get cold again. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast