Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Local bait and tackle craftsmen?

Post Thanks / Like

Who is under the weather Nip???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Local bait and tackle craftsmen?

Yes i talked with nip yesterday and he has been sick for a few weeks now. I don't believe he has a website.

Glad to pass on your info to him if he is who you seek to make ya some baits.

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to have to bow out of this due to the weather and being sick 3 out of the last 4 weeks. Thank you for the compliments guys.
    Likes Frank300 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Get better Travis if you don't get your own baits shot I will hep ya out bud. I will keep ya fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Travis I will give you a call. I was not aware that you have been ill

Post Thanks / Like

I tie jig 3 c customs but I don't sell them they work but I just tied a 100up..But the best is Bobby garland and malcom slab slobber

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigskyfisherman View Post
    Carl Jones does make some good jigs. I used them until I started tying my own. Learning is easy, and it's more fun to catch them on something you tied.
    I agree, you will never experience the feeling you will get from catching a fish on a jig or lure that you've made yourself. Which reminds me that I need to dust off my tying vise a crank a few out. Dyabolical there are some really good threads on crappie.com that can give you advice on getting started making your own if your interested.

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone who wants to start tying, Bass Pro Shops here in OKC (not sure about Tulsa) has a free fly tying class every week. They are extremely helpful and patient guys, and they provide the materials for the flies that are being tied that night. You have to have a tying kit, which can be minimal cost or expensive. I got a nice kit online for a good price. You can learn how to use all of the tools and tie some very good flies. It's easy to tie your own crappie jigs, once you learn the basics of tying. One great advantage is that you can experiment with every color and type of material to get any type of jig imaginable. Look at a thread called "Jig Pictures" on cdc. There are thousands (at least it seems like thousands) of pictures of jigs that other guys have tied, with some very interesting materials and color schemes.
    Likes Frank300, Lonnie84 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Dyabolical, I am a little late from when this thread was active in getting replies and you may have found what you are looking for by now. All the companies or individuals listed provide excellent baits even though some are not "local". One thing I want to add is that some of these guys who are not "local" have done more for Oklahoma Crappie.com members, tournaments and events than what some of the Oklahoma based companies have ever done or considered doing. I can say without a doubt that Mikes Custom Baits, Timmy Toms, Gates Custom Jigs, SlabSlobber, Crazy Angler Tackle, Arkie Jigs, Crappie Assasin Jigs, Bobo's and G Daddy Baits all offer excellent baits/products and are some of the highest quality baits you will find and although they are not all "local", they are all still hardworking guys who put the customer first and do what they can to promote the sport of fishing and good friendship instead of just trying to make a profit no matter the cost. That to me puts these guys ahead of the rest of the pack when it comes to earning my business, not the number of miles between us. Good luck in your search!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Josh
    Likes Crappie Reaper, Redge, cricket george LIKED above post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast