Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Regulations discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Well I learned something there! Thanks for the information.

Post Thanks / Like

Missouri does have a culling exemption for sanctioned bass tournaments...I left that out trying to be brief.

A Few Words About Culling

Any fish you catch is included in your daily limit unless you release itunharmed immediately. You may not replace smaller fish in your possessionwith larger ones caught later. You need to make a keep-or-release decisionas soon as the fish is caught.There is one exception: If, from September through June, you are aparticipant in a bona fide catch-and-release black bass tournament (oneafter which all bass are released alive) that requires entrants to have a boatlivewell with adequate capacity and a pump constantly adding fresh orrecirculating water, the black bass you release unharmed from the livewellneed not be included in your daily limit. At no time may the daily limit be exceeded.

Post Thanks / Like

Here on Toledo Bend it's only been a couple years that our limits have come in line with state law. We use to have a limit of 50 per day per person, but that changed to 25 and I was happy to see that, but I was not happy that they took off the size limit of 10" and now none at all! Our fish limits and regs are also set considering making a deal with Louisiana as to what the lake limits will be since both states share this one! Our old limits of 50 per person had been like that I guess since the lake opened int he late 1960's. Heck back when there was a limit of 15 Bass, but that changed too and now is 8 total with a 14" Min on Large Mouth and no size limit on Spots!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

you know Skip we have that winter special reg. here in Texas where you cant put a crappie back that applies to several eastern Texas lakes ...
    Fork for sure and a few others as well .
    and even though it sounds like a ridiculous regulation , it is the best reg. i have ever seen for deep water winter fish .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes skiptomylu LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    you know Skip we have that winter special reg. here in Texas where you cant put a crappie back that applies to several eastern Texas lakes ...
    Fork for sure and a few others as well .
    and even though it sounds like a ridiculous regulation , it is the best reg. i have ever seen for deep water winter fish .
    Makes sense to me. We have several lakes in Arkansas that have 50-60ft holes that the Crappie will pile up in. When you pull one up from that deep, it will not survive. I wouldnt mind seeing that reg imposed here.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely is a great rule and we have had it hear for years now. Mostly because of the famous spot called the Chicken Coop who his where the river comes into the Texas side and turns back North. In the coldest months like January and they are deep enough that small crappie will not survive coming up from that. That time use to be I think from Dec 1st through Feb.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I know I seen boys leaving wakes of dead 9 inchers back in the day during the winter at Fork when they first made the 10 inch min. regulation .
    and for sure I was hard pressed to understand how that was helping that fishery .
    sure glad they fixed that problem .

Post Thanks / Like

I know I seen boys leaving wakes of dead 9 inchers back in the day during the winter at Fork when they first made the 10 inch min. regulation .
    and for sure I was hard pressed to understand how that was helping that fishery .
    sure glad they fixed that problem .

Post Thanks / Like

i picked up our new book. an interesting addition to our( IN.) new regs. book is this.

"It is illegal to carry, transport or ship
    outside Indiana, in open season, in one day, a
    wild fish that the individual has taken in open
    season in excess of the possession limit"

possession limit being 50 fish. so if you were taking fish to a fish fry, you better not have over 100 fillets? does it mean a whole fish? if your freezer goes out, can you take contents(over possession limit) to your buddies freezer, to keep? new gray area added here? lol

whatever state it was, i like the law that stated "in the boat or at shore". thats clear and simple.

Post Thanks / Like

i tend to think in some cases the reason some regs. seem so absurd is become someone was actually doing whatever the reg. says you cant in an attempt to circumvent the bag limit .
    the ole human greed factor at work once again .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234