Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Taylorsville lake fishing report 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Caught another 12 keepers yesterday mornin before work. A few in open water but best bite was right against the timber.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kywareagle View Post
    Caught another 12 keepers yesterday mornin before work. A few in open water but best bite was right against the timber.
    Standing or fallen timber ?? The banks I fish have mostly fallen timber, with standing timber on the opposite banks. I may get over there one day next week, and knowing would cut my "searching" time down.

As always, I don't want to know "where" you fished, just "how" & with what/around what. How deep is always welcome info, but not always necessary. (I can find the thermocline, when present, with my DF or by checking on the COE website)

Thanks for any info provided. Glad to see you're still on'em & reporting about your trips !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

No problem cp. We are fishin the standing timber. Thermocline is 11-16ft in most places. Minners produced the best bite for us. We fished with jigs, and caught a few fish, but minners were the best. When we go back it'll be with single hook rigs. Find standing main lake timber that is close to the channel drops. We ain't done no count at all on flats. 10ft seems to be a magic number for how deep we catch em. We also did some vertical casting that was fairly productive. Sunday the fish were around the timber. Yesterday they were right against it. Let us know how you do.
    Likes rcornish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kywareagle View Post
    No problem cp. We are fishin the standing timber. Thermocline is 11-16ft in most places. Minners produced the best bite for us. We fished with jigs, and caught a few fish, but minners were the best. When we go back it'll be with single hook rigs. Find standing main lake timber that is close to the channel drops. We ain't done no count at all on flats. 10ft seems to be a magic number for how deep we catch em. We also did some vertical casting that was fairly productive. Sunday the fish were around the timber. Yesterday they were right against it. Let us know how you do.
    Good report, might have to try them one day this week. Bought time for some new scenery!!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't go but my son and his friend went this morning. They kept 24 all on minnows in the timberName:  IMG_5234.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  29.7 KB
    Likes wannabe fisherman, charley2 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Went Wednesday caught 19 nice keepers threw back several 9 inch fish we was pulling jigs most fish where caught 7-8 ft deep they where rather picky about the color it seemed dark colors where working better fish mostly on the main lake

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well gang, spent from 9AM to 3PM pushing jigs all over the lake .... and never even got a sniff.

At 3PM I talked to some longliners that I'd talked to earlier in the morning, and they had 4 keepers.
    I just happened to ask them how deep they were catching them, and they said "right against the bank in <5fow"
    SO .... I put up the long rods & got out my UL and began flogging the banks around any laydown I could find. Ended up catching 8 Crappie, 1 small Hybrid, a 3lb Largemouth, and lost my 1/32oz pink Roadrunner to something that I never even slowed down

Quit fishing around 5PM as my TM battery was getting weak from fighting waves, wind, and long fruitless passes in & out of the creeks.

Turned all fish loose to fight another day. Main purpose of the trip was to check out my handy work .... an umbrella stand made from PVC pipe. It's gonna work good, so now all I need to do is slap some glue on the T joints and I'm good to go. It sure felt good being under that umbrella today, and it didn't interfere with my long rod fishing.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Pappy I thought that was you but wasn't sure. Ya if you got away from the bank couldn't get a bite. We let the 4 go. Tried a couple other spots but no luck. But I wish I would have been in my boat not my sons I have an umbrella lol. It got a little warm in the sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Pappy I thought that was you but wasn't sure. Ya if you got away from the bank couldn't get a bite. We let the 4 go. Tried a couple other spots but no luck. But I wish I would have been in my boat not my sons I have an umbrella lol. It got a little warm in the sun.
    Hey, Mike ... thanks for the offer of the 4 keepers. But, more importantly, thanks for the info about them being so shallow. Just an FYI .... I took 6 of my 8 on that same bank we met on. Probably could have caught a few more, if I had really worked those laydowns over a little more thoroughly, but I was just happy to catch "something/anything" after 6hrs of fighting the waves/wind and not even getting a hit.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Hey, Mike ... thanks for the offer of the 4 keepers. But, more importantly, thanks for the info about them being so shallow. Just an FYI .... I took 6 of my 8 on that same bank we met on. Probably could have caught a few more, if I had really worked those laydowns over a little more thoroughly, but I was just happy to catch "something/anything" after 6hrs of fighting the waves/wind and not even getting a hit.

... cp
    i was out there today too. Caught 1 crappie and 1 gill. We was trolling, and after no luck at that we started jigging the timber. Never thought to fish the shallow water. We tried deeper.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast