HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Motor batteries

Post Thanks / Like

I was using AGM, went to A/C DELCO VOYAGERS. Great batteries.
    dave
    in currituck

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ljones View Post
    What is the difference between the Walmart series 29 and series 31 ? I went to my Walmart looks like the only have the 29's had maxx on the side for $99. 97 is that the ones I need ?
    The series 31 have a few more plates internally and weigh more. They are the same size case. The series 29s you mentioned are the one's I'm running.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Thanks chimneyman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

walmart 29's... I usually get two to three years.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536
    Likes Cane Pole LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The group 31 is bigger (more plates )has more capacity and more reserve amp hours which means more run time.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I have been told Walmart and interstate batteries are made by the same company.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sinkermaker View Post
    From what I have been told Walmart and interstate batteries are made by the same company.
    And a good bit cheaper. I have been running Interstates because that is what my guy that services my vehicles sells, but I am switching to Walmart when these die. The Duracraft that I bought a couple of months ago has 2 NAPA marine batteries and they work fine. Only thing I don't like is they are both Marine starting batteries and I would prefer the TM one be a deep cycle type, but so far it has held up to a days fishing with the I-Pilot. They are regular wet cell batteries but are sealed so no maintenance required.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Im not sure how you guys are getting 3-4 years out of the Wal-Mart batteries. I have been using them for four years and I have NEVER had one out-last the 1 yr warranty, which is exactly why I use them. Last one I brought home had to be exchanged after two weeks, can't blame that one on poor maintenance! Anyway, if you don't mind the hassle of frequently having to exchange your battery, chances are you can go several years before you get one that goes beyond the warranty. The MAXX brand has a 24 month warranty.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

dallman is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had good luck with wal-mart batteries. But mine won't last as long as I want. I have looked at wal-mart in the last few weeks for and all of their deep cycle batteries have been out of stock. Maybe they will finally come out with 31 series. They had a few years back.
    Retired USN

Post Thanks / Like

I run wal mart Maxx batteries. I get 2-3 years and then I pull them off my fishing boat and put them on my duck boat and the blind to power lights. I like them.
    Likes hawgdog LIKED above post

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Walmart in Columbia SC has the 29 and 31 series in stock. Just bought one to replace cranking battery as I also run a 35 lb anchor winch off of the cranking battery. The 31 was only 5.00 more than the 29. I have used most brands of the cheaper batteries and I get just as as much service out of the wallmart batteries as any of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast