HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 29 of 227 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoot the bull thread

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll be waiting for the results Cappy.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Sure is hot out there!! I am mowing our almost 1 acre yard and it is pretty hot going. The lil cold front has dissipated. The back yard is divided in 4 push mowing sections the front woods, the citrus trees, the garden boxes and the fig tree and patio section. I hadda take a break after the first round but thanks to a cloud and a lil breeze got the other 3 done in one lick. Now its time to move the boat and jeep gas up the mower and tackle the big front work. It's thirsty work and the carrot in front of my nose is a shower and a six pack. Enough to kep me going.
    _______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO- http://cappyandpegody.blogspot.com/
    ()_) ()_)--o-)_) http://theroundrobincajuncountrycooking.blogspot.com/
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We think it's pleasant right now Cappy. Ann and the puppies out for a ride:

Name:  Utility Cart.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  96.1 KB

Back to work, thought I'd share.
    Randy Andres
    Likes prefers shiners, RetiredRR, Cappy, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sooooo much for sharing, das a fine looking bunch ya got there. I am still mowing and waching away just pausing for a water break.
    _______
    /l ,[____],

Post Thanks / Like

Take this Danny.
    Name:  Danny001.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  60.1 KB
    Couldn't send it PM.
    After hours the land line is not answered.
    Call his cell phone.
    Tell him I referred you.
    PM me your cell phone #.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joe, sent a pm.

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Mae and I were eating lunch and I had on a Air Force shirt as I usually do if I don't have a C.c shirt on. lol. A nice guy about 40 or so approached and asked if I served. I said yes and he thanked me. Sometimes this sounds hollow, but for some reason not today. As he was leaving I called him over and apologized for not asking if he served. He had, in the Army. Of course I thanked him as well and asked him to sit down and talk if he had time. His dad was a Viet Nam vet. And he told me inspite of how his Dad's generation was treated, he always knew he would serve. Wanted our country to be strong. We both agreed in spite of all, we respect the office of the President. We talked about me going to the AF/Army football game and him going to the Wall in D.C. Both of us got quite emotional as his Dad and I know people on that wall. He vowed to try and make a game. Best football game I ever attended. So patriotic. Turned out he worked as a contractor at Exxon on the unit I spent 33 years and worked for a close friend of mine. It was a great conversation. And my point is take time to talk to strangers and then there will be less strangers in your life. That is no bull.

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Very well stated "D".
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "D" View Post
    Mae and I were eating lunch and I had on a Air Force shirt as I usually do if I don't have a C.c shirt on. lol. A nice guy about 40 or so approached and asked if I served. I said yes and he thanked me. Sometimes this sounds hollow, but for some reason not today. As he was leaving I called him over and apologized for not asking if he served. He had, in the Army. Of course I thanked him as well and asked him to sit down and talk if he had time. His dad was a Viet Nam vet. And he told me inspite of how his Dad's generation was treated, he always knew he would serve. Wanted our country to be strong. We both agreed in spite of all, we respect the office of the President. We talked about me going to the AF/Army football game and him going to the Wall in D.C. Both of us got quite emotional as his Dad and I know people on that wall. He vowed to try and make a game. Best football game I ever attended. So patriotic. Turned out he worked as a contractor at Exxon on the unit I spent 33 years and worked for a close friend of mine. It was a great conversation. And my point is take time to talk to strangers and then there will be less strangers in your life. That is no bull.
    Great post Danny....thank you so much for sharing.....just reinforces an old saying......goes like this.....

"strangers are just friends you have not met yet"...........
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

While listening to the pre game hoopla I thought of what may be a good drinking game. Take a shot every time an interviewed player said "You know" After hearing 1 player use the phrase 5 times in one answer however I decided it wouldn't work. Every one would be drunk before kickoff listening to these college educated athletes butcher the language.
    _______
    /l ,[____],
    Likes "D", brucec LIKED above post