Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: afternoon worse than death by a thousand paper cuts.

Post Thanks / Like

Back in 1977 I was trout fishing at my uncles in Hollister,Mo. Tannecomo I think was the name of the river at the bottom of Table Rock dam. Fellow fishing by me said he had a bait store in his fathers hardware store in Springfield. Said his name was Johnny Morris. Said he was mainly a bass fisherman. Didn't connect the dots till the 90's. Doubt that nice guy thought it would end up like this.
    Likes ATM, kycreek, Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Stopped by there a couple days a go. Several tourists at the fish tank. Over heard a conversation that tore me up. An elderly lady with a northern accent commented ohh look at those pretty speckled trout. A much younger man with her said no grandma those are largemouth bass as he pointed to a crappie. See the big mouth. I'm more excited about the new academy sports coming to olive branch than the new bps.
    Likes downsouth, armyman, Cray LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Homer, guilty as charged. We had last tuesday off for my grandson's kindergarten graduation in Atoka, Tn. We stopped by around 1030 am. First mistake was trying to park on the north side of the place. Very segmented lot netting very few parking spots. Like many have said very few if any deals to be found. I did enjoy the old shotguns and duck calls on the second floor.

And we did but a couple of 5.00 tshirts. Actually, mine was 7.00 because I'm fat. Now I've been and really see no reason to go back other than taking someone from out of town much like Graceland.

Post Thanks / Like

Default afternoon worse than death by a thousand paper cuts.

This BPS is a showplace. It's not about sales on your favorite product. It's a huge economic boost for Memphis and all the big BPS stores Ive been to had a few choke points and were crowded. There's only so much you can do with a 100 mill. or whatever it cost. Take it for what it is. If you're looking for deals, Shop Online, and like Randy said, you already knew that. It will settle down when the new gets knocked off and it'll be a nice store, and place to go have lunch or supper and to just stroll around on a rainy day.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.
    Likes "D", yikess, Wind Knot, downsouth, hawgdog, spindle LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What would you expect on a holiday weekend? A store is just a small part of it. It is a tourist item and a great thing for Memphis. I suspect bass tournaments will be on the MS river and held from that location at some point as well. hotel, restaurant, bowling alley, etc. That's one reason they left the original for those that wanted a quick in and out. The amount of merchandise is about the same. I would have to agree and wonder if they'd ever make enough income to pay the expenses. Utilities alone must be unbelievable. Don't forget its new and some of this will dwindle over time. Hopefully, from the economic standpoint not too much! Every BP I've been too is always packed and I've walked farther from the parking lot to the one in Nashville than I did in MEM. Some folks just aren't into the crowds. I enjoy people watching.
    LivetoFish
    Likes Wind Knot, downsouth, spindle LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRiverMarine View Post
    This BPS is a showplace. It's not about sales on your favorite product. It's a huge economic boost for Memphis and all the big BPS stores Ive been to had a few choke points and were crowded. There's only so much you can do with a 100 mill. or whatever it cost. Take it for what it is. If you're looking for deals, Shop Online, and like Randy said, you already knew that. It will settle down when the new gets knocked off and it'll be a nice store, and place to go have lunch or supper and to just stroll around on a rainy day.
    I suspect that a lot of the folks visited the store hating Memphis and they left the store hating Memphis. I'm not saying they're right or wrong. I'm just saying that confirmation bias always has the upper hand.

We beat the crowds by going at 8:00 PM on a weekday.
    Likes BigRiverMarine LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Don't mind BPS but I do mind Memphis--won't catch me downtown less I'm forced.
    Pro Staff
    www.bassboatseats.com
    www.CrappieLogic.com
    Likes Cray LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Did they close the old store?
    Biggest crappie to date is 3 lb 9 oz at grenada in 1988. Still hangs on my wall.

Post Thanks / Like

I buy 90% of my stuff online now. Still hit the original BPS occasionally. I'll go to the new store in a couple months just to check it out. Probably won't buy anything though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappiemaniac View Post
    Did they close the old store?
    Nope.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast