Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY spider rigging and C.Com Decal?

Post Thanks / Like

Default DIY spider rigging and C.Com Decal?

Looking for some quick DIY spider rig setups. Probably will only run 4 polez max from my 1550 possibly 6. Post up whatbya got everyone! Thanks.

Also. New boat so i need new decals. Can someone let me know who to talk to so i can get a couple new decals?
    1542 Weldbilt flatbottom (duck boat), Electric start 25hp Johnson and Humminbird Down Imaging! Crappie.com decal slapped on the side!

Post Thanks / Like

I used 4" PVC pipe and made my rod holders. Here is a pattern that someone gave me.
    You can buy the decals on this forum under (store) up at the top of the page.
    They have some nice shirts on there also I bought me one the other day. Good luck rigging your new boat.

Name:  pic5.jpg
Views: 1307
Size:  9.5 KB
    Be safe and good luck fishing

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I no longer spider rig but here are some I made years ago .

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/arkan...e-rod-holders/
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Those look really good nimrod!
    I will say though, I have made 2 different DIY spider rigs, neither looked as good as nimrods. But as a end result I found that I didn't save that much money any ways and all the adjustments that can be made with spyderlocks, tyte-locks, driftmasters etc it is definitely well worth go ahead and buy exactly what ya want. Even if ya have to wait a while to save for em. If you make ur own and they work......then you will get bit by this spider bug, and will be buying spyderlocks (etc) afterall! I have sold 4 different driftmaster pods with 4 rod holders this month for $50 each. Thats all of those I had, but im just saying deals are out there too.
    Likes mdperson LIKED above post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Only thing I paid for was the bolts. PVC scrap piece from local plummer. Set of 8 only out a couple bucks. They adjust just fine left to right and height with wing nut and hold solid.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir they look like they hold solid. They look like a plastic version of the tyte-loks, which i like! If ya can get free pvc would save ya some money, If ya hafta buy it, PVC aint cheep. Those look great Nimrod!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mcnewlane if you can afford it trust me and just buy at least one good rod holder for up front. If you cant and want to dyi I understand because I did it back in the day! Used the one I made for a year and said heck with it and done it right! Best money I spent on THAT part of crappie fishing. Nimrods holders he mentioned will work great. I still see them being used. Them crappie don't care what it looks like above water as long as you have everything set up comfy and easy to get your hands on. Wish you the best and hope you catch a cooler full.
    "I HAVE FISHED THROUGH FISHLESS DAYS THAT I REMEMBER HAPPILY WITHOUT REGRET"

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a pair of SpyderLoks and boy are they sweet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Spyderloks all the way. LowePro just sold 4 Driftmasters for me. Mack's Prairie Wings ran a sale last spring on Spyderloks for $99.99 per rack. I'm not sure if they have ran a sale this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir!!! Deals are out there! Spyderloks are definitely the cats meow! I love mine and would have nothing but personally! Cudos to slabmeister for passing on some quality rod holders for a discount price to introduce new people to this sport! He is a stand-up guy for sure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast